Archinect
anchor

Super Fresh Technical Assistance Thread

mightylittle™

Hi. Ever have one of those files that just doesn't seem to cooperate?

Or a specific question about why your loaded fonts aren't available in your application of choice?

Or how about someone emailed you a drawing, and it's for an application version you don't have, and you need to complete something with that drawing and the people who sent it to you have left for the day?

I offer this...the new Super Fresh Technical Assistance Thread where you can come and share your issues that are requiring assistance...and hopefully, you can come to assist others as well.

Maybe this thread will flourish into something useful for all who might have similar experiences...or maybe it will die a horrible, lonely thread death.

Who knows?

Aug 16, 07 3:05 pm
mightylittle™

I'll start...and what do I need, you ask?

I have an Autocad2007 drawing that I need backsaved to ACAD 2004 so that I can import it into vectorworks 12.5. the folks who sent it to me are unavailable at the present time...and neither IllustratorCS2 nor VW12.5 will open it.

Let's face it, we all need help sometimes, and now is my time to shine.

If you've got Acad2007 and wouldn't mind helping me out...PM me and I'd be much obliged.

Peace out yo.

Aug 16, 07 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
cf

There is a free online backdraft, at least as of a year ago. If I find it in my records, will post.

Aug 16, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

can't you just save the acad 07 dwg as an acad 04? I know mine will let me.

Aug 16, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

Apurimac - I don't currently have 2007, that's the problem. We run a Mac office with parallels, but my version of 2007 died a painful death along with my entire Parallels partition.

Caught a virus somehow...no big deal, i have all the original app's, just that it takes a full day basically to install parallels, then XP, then Acad, etc, and I won't get to that till the weekend.

Know what i'm sayin'?

Aug 16, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i'm a little scared of the random free-cad-converters online...my mcafee site advisor plug-in is telling me they're all dirty sites.

it's a good idea though...anyone know of a reliable, clean download for easy dwg conversions across different release dates?

Aug 16, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Tried importing it to Max then exporting it in DWG format ?

Aug 16, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

you see per, i am a mac user who ordinarily has access to acad2007 on the parallels partition on my mac. that's dead at the moment...

i just need someone with 2007 who i can email a dwg file to, have them backsave it to 2004, and email it back to me so i can import it into vectorworks.

capeesh?

Aug 16, 07 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

i have '07, send me a msg...

Aug 16, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

Problem solved.

Thanks cadalyst.

so...who's next? what's the problem? come here for solutions.

Aug 16, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I've been having a problem getting my vulcans to spew rust. Any suggestions?

Aug 16, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

mind-meld?

Aug 16, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

there is this real cool program called 'autodesk trueconvert' that is very helpful for batch converting files. and best of all, its free!

Aug 16, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Completly unarchitecture related....

How do I erase NORTON UNERASE PROTECTION DRIVER from my computer's registry? It says it can't erase it.

Oh, and I HATE Norton/Symantec.

Aug 16, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Yikes. Good luck with that SH. You're gonna have to get someone who you can trust to mess with a reg-edit program. Not a simple task. Very easy to ruin your computer when you start messing with the registry. It may be worth your money to call geek squad.

Aug 16, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

ok sarah, do you know about regedit?

If you don't:

Go to start
Go to run
Type regedit in the text box
hit enter
run a search and look for entries containing NORTON UNERASE PROTECTION
If you can find them, delete them, they may not be under that name, in which case i can't help you

If you do know about regedit and the bastards keep popping up, boot up in safe mode and repeat above steps.

Aug 16, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

The registry is not sacrosanct, if you screw up and delete a critcal entry, you can always reinstall. It's basically window's address book and tells windows where to look when it wants to execute a program.

Aug 16, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Oh, so if i reboot in safe mode, then there are no protections/stupid things to get in my way of deleting something? If this works, you will be my HERO!!!!

I will let you know tomorrow.

Aug 16, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

godspeed sarah

Aug 16, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Apuriman, you are my hero, and a genius in my eyes. I wasn't able to delete the driver, but I was able to delete something, and Mcafee was finally able to install. My computer is now protected, and its all thanks to you. Thank you.

Aug 16, 07 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

No problem, glad to help.

Aug 16, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

Virus P spyware removal tips are hardly "super fresh" ?., there are plenty of geek forums out there ...?i

but for now, ..here is mine...

"...when working in a lightning storm, always hit 'cntrl-s' every single minute!"

...how's that for "Super Fresh" Tech Assistance,.....

Aug 17, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

good advice, i'd advise hitting ctrl-s often anyway

Aug 17, 07 12:29 am  · 
 · 
cadalyst

its always the one time you forget to ctrl-s and you kick the reset button because your tower is under your desk...

Aug 17, 07 6:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: