Archinect
anchor

Chicago land use

laistm

Does Anyone have a detailed or a high res image of the landuse pattern for the city of Chicago?

Aug 16, 07 11:39 am
vado retro

in this order.

chicago dog stand.
condo
walgreens
payday advance
liquor store
dominicks
chicago pizza
starbucks

repeat next block...

Aug 16, 07 11:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

forgot the cell phone store...

Aug 16, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

go here - get maps and zoning district overlays as well as special districts

Chicago Dept of Mapping

Aug 16, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
laistm

i need a very high res single image to print out at A2 size. this website is difficult to understand let alone take screen shots and stitch them.

Aug 16, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

is this a school project?

Aug 16, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
laistm

yes. for academic purposes

Aug 16, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
guppy

Food for thought. Have you ever gone here?
http://www.chil.us/
It's a website maintained by Urban Lab, and has a bunch of land use info. Graphics are really nice, but it would be kind of rude just to steal them (?)

Aug 16, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

have you checked the library at your uni? most science libraries have all the maps of everywhere.

Aug 16, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
laistm

still need a high res image....

Aug 16, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
laistm

its a very nice site. very nice graphics.... thanks vade, but still need a high res image

Aug 16, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

have you tried the building department?

Aug 16, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

What all HAVE you tried?

Aug 16, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
laistm

i dont live in chicago. I've done a thorough google weblink search for images, visited hundreds of websites...still no luck....have a loserly low res image...but i need a detailed high res one.

Aug 16, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

piece one together yourself... that's what everybody else has/had to do...

Aug 16, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

are we talking about a map, or an aerial image, here?

Aug 16, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
laistm

land use map, rfuller not an aerial

Aug 16, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

go to your library ask someone to show you how to run simple GIS programs... you can very, very easily find .shp (shape files) on all the information UrbanLab uses (Thats where they get all that information... readily available maps).

you should be able to get all the land use information you could possibly want from there.

Aug 16, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

i made a map of LA and surrounding counties with overlays of water, freeway, pop density and railroad/mfr sites, covering a wall of our studio out of about 300 8.5x11's and a lot of blak sharpie ink, get busy

Aug 16, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: