Archinect
anchor

back to Crafts

chatter of clouds

hi,

i was wondering whether there are people here who have transitioned from architecture to a craft-centric career and what their stories are like. by craft, i mean design and making of furniture, jewellery, traditional painting and the like ...even extending to pastry chefs...

i do not mean as an interest or subsidiary to your architectural practice. no dilettantism. and whether having an architectural backgroud was an added benefit (or a waste of time) and how it suits you more (or less) than architectural practice.

thanks

Dec 2, 12 4:03 am
curtkram

fly-tieing?  i haven't made a career of it yet, though.  my illustrious profession taught me to just give it away.

Dec 2, 12 10:19 am  · 
 · 

a friend who graduated with me and was in practice for a while subsequently started working in a kitchen, went to culinary school, and then worked as chef in several good gigs before opening his own well-regarded restaurant in barcelona. with one of our architecture professors as his front-of-house partner, no less! 

http://www.catarsiscuisine.com/site/me_esp.html

Dec 2, 12 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: