Archinect
anchor

Need help with Direction to Brion Cemetery...

chugach

I will be traveling to Venice, Milan and Verona next week.
There are no real source to finding out the direction to Brion Cemetery by Scarpa. Does anybody have lead or knows the direction getting there?
Your help would be awesome.

Aug 27, 04 12:55 pm
chicago78

It's just north of Castelfranco (Veneto), in San Vito di Altivole.

Aug 27, 04 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
tenn

Yes, but you must watch out for those damn Italian bus drivers .... they can be mean as hell! And don't even think of asking the little school children riding along with you for advice.

Aug 27, 04 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
chugach

chicago78 and tenn,
Do i take bus to city of San Vito di Altivole and get off there?
Is there various stops in this city or just one?
would it be easy to find the cemetery once i am in the city?
I heard there are hardly any signs or directions to the cemetery...
your help is needed!

Aug 27, 04 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
dragthelake

i was there last fall...we left from venice....there is a town called castelfranco that is rite outside of san vito where you can take the bus in. however the bus system within san vito is limited and a bit confusing, your best bet is to ask for the cemetary, and one of the locals will point you in the rite direction.
the son of the brion-vega family was there at the tomb opening and closing a lot of the crazy doors and mechanisms... if the site is locked up, hop the fence, its worth it.
and most importantly, pack a lunch bc there is nothing anywhere near the tomb, esp food spots.

Aug 28, 04 1:21 pm  · 
 · 

We walked into a gelatto parlor in Castelfranco to ask for directions and the server said he'd give us a ride. That was it. Almost missed a train back to Roma because they shut down the road outside the tomb for a cycling race while we were at the tomb. Finally got a cab and made it in the nick of time.

Aug 28, 04 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
cw

i had the same question-and more! will be travelling from venice. is there a bus/train from there? if so, what's the stop and how far is it from there? is it open all day or do u need permission? someone said the mario botta cemetary was close by-is it?

Feb 8, 06 7:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: