Archinect
anchor

Urban furniture

MADianito

Does anyone knows any company, designer, or city with decent urban furniture??? im looking for some, but i only really crappy urban furniture....any help will be rewarded with a thanks

Aug 26, 04 8:39 pm
TED

are you talking dumpster diving?? or street furnishings??? seating, lighting, trash cans etc.?

Aug 26, 04 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

seating, lighting, trash cans,
etc ;-)

Aug 26, 04 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I like some of Landscape Forms, especially the Brian Kane designs. Simple and clean, mostly.

Aug 26, 04 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
joek

tokyo develpoment around roppongi hills commisioned artists and designers to come up with designs for street furniture.

this link should take you there

www.designboom.com/eng/funclub/roppongi

Also you could look at this interesting non-commisioned furniture, not sure if it is helpful or not really...

www.designboom.com/eng/funclub/reischle

Also have a look at Thomas Heatherwicks 'Blue Carpet' in Newcastle UK, I think this is a nice and quite unusual example.

www.publicartonline.org.uk/case/blue_carpet/practice

Not sure if this is what you are after or not - maybe you want more of the shelf kind of stuff?

Aug 26, 04 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
joek

well that was a waste of everybodys time - sorry the links don't work. I ahve obviously done something wrong.

Aug 26, 04 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

ill help u my friend:
http://www.designboom.com/eng/funclub/roppongi.html

www.designboom.com/eng/funclub/reischle.html

http://www.publicartonline.org.uk/case/blue_carpet/

i checked the links...these work...thank u...yeah i dunno if its also what we r looking for, but it helps... ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS???

Aug 27, 04 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

oh and: www.landscapeforms.com/

Aug 27, 04 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
archidose

I've always thought these benches look cool.

Aug 27, 04 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: