Archinect
anchor

which office, which software?

MADianito

so, just want to make a small survey/mapping of professional practices all over (small firms to STARchitects), lets list here, the offices and which software u know they use:

*please try to list just the ones ur certain about, or you had worked at, not the ones u heard they use, etc.

rojkind arquitectos, Mexico City Acad, PS, ILL, rhino, maya, topsolid, archicad, Artlantis

TEN arquitectos, Mexico City Acad, PS, ILL, 3d MAX

Vicente Guaallart, Barcelona Acad, PS, ILL, Rhino, 3d MAX, Artlantis, Flamingo

Willy Muller arquitectos, Barcelona Acad, PS, ILL, 3d MAX

Bea Goller, Barcelona Acad, PS, ILL, Rhino, Artlantis

SadarVuga arhitekti, Ljubljana Acad, Rhino, 3d Max, PS, ILL, Corel Draw, Flamingo, Artlantis, Archicad

so, which ones you guys know?

Jul 31, 07 2:28 pm
J3

RTKL (firmwide)
Acad '07, Revit 2008, Viz, Rhino, All/Any Adobe software

Jul 31, 07 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymous

Studio Gang, Chicago
ACAD, 3D MAX, RHINO, PS, ILL

Aug 1, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
soleil

Richard Meier & Partners NYC - Microstation

Richard Meier & Partnrs LA - ACAD

Aug 2, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

That's funny...wonder why they do that

Aug 2, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 

I thought rojkind arquitectos used archicad?

Aug 2, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

is not a full mac/archicad office as people thinks, michel, he uses only archicad (since he's a MAC user)some projects r developed also in a basic phase on archicad, but when they get to full development (executive) they develop in acad, basically cause of the ease of comunications with engineerings and so on....

Aug 2, 07 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

makes sense - prooves my point again that its about the software

Aug 2, 07 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

YEAH but im actually now, seriously thinking on buying my first mac... the only thing i would have to run parallel of all the software i use is autocad... (since rhino is coming out in MAC), and even that way i wasnt planning to be a cad monkey for life, so would be enough to use mac/pc side to work on the bits i will have to on mac....

Aug 3, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Mac..is overrated.

Aug 3, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

but mac sure is pretty....

If computers were woman...I definitly woud choose... Mac.. porque esta bonita

Aug 3, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

ok, i visited Rojkind 2 days ago, and i have to add they also use now MAXWELL for renderings....

oh and im buying a MAC for sure, i cannot say they r ubderrated or overrated until i try one for more than just internet and photoshop....

Aug 4, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 

MAD stay away from the mac-side...there's no coming back. Please if you go with it look at your experience with an open mind and don't be tainited by its sheer beauty...

Aug 4, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
dbahomeplans

Have used both Windows and Mac platforms for small projects. Windows machines were least reliable hardware (multiple makers, major brand names) with 4 stations in one office. Mac hardware was most reliable with 2 stations in one office. VectorWorks on Mac has been friendliest to learn, although this annoyed folks who spent lots of time learning aCAD.

VectorWorks seems good for small projects but is weak in relations with plotting services in my city so I've used pdf's as successful workaround when sending out. aCAD interfaced with everything seamlessly and so has VW, mostly, despite warnings to the contrary. One weakness in VW was reading 3d images from aCAD users, but that might have been my lack of technical knowledge to make the conversion. It never became an issue, since the consultant re-submitted the drawing in different (readable) format.

Of course, Mac does graphics like nothing else, so you're right, the Mac is pretty both on surface for its own design and in its feel. Vista looks like a good look-and-feel competitor, though, and my bookkeeper won't part with her Windows machine.

I'll continue with Mac & VectorWorks for the foreseeable future.

Aug 5, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
mgr. arch. Arne Riekstins

Hybrid Space architecture just moved to Mac, using ArchiCad, Maya and PS. Paralelly we have some old Pcs running Archicad and aCad (for purposes of converting drawings into DWG-PLN). I just can't figure our what is the best way to bring into Maya 8.5 the drawings of ArchiCad10? Regards, Arne

Aug 16, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

cool Arne, sorry but i have not much idea about archicad to maya

Aug 16, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
mgr. arch. Arne Riekstins

And we seriously don't think of coming back to pc:s... ever!

Aug 16, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

not that anyone would care about my office exactly, but i think our softward selection is....curious.

studio kremer: revit, autocad 2005lt, autocad 14, autocad 12 (w/digitizer, on a green screen!).

Aug 16, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

ouch Acad 12??!! nice, old school folks!!

*Steven i do care about any firm... i just want to have an idea of whats really used around in huge, big, small, micro, offices (but all professional practice)

*Arne, yeah im considering the same

Aug 16, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

funny thing is i am no faster in autocad 2008 as i was on autocad12

mmmm the good old DOS days

Jul 2, 08 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

My current firm (small 4 person firm, residential renovations in NYC)

Acad 07, Acad ADT 06, PS elements. We have started experimenting with rhino and maxwell since I started.

My Old firm (Small 6 person firm)

Vectorworks, Acad '04

Jul 2, 08 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
dbahomeplans

I plan to stay on VectorWorks & Mac (in fact, getting ready to upgrade soon). However, as noted in another topic, this may occasionally be an issue with some clients who insist on A-Cad files. This is causing a micro-firm, with which I sometimes joint-venture, to have some hesitation about the switch.
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=77061_0_42_0_C

Jul 3, 08 9:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: