Archinect
anchor

Is MAC capable of opening downloaded HTML files?

tomcuise3230

Hi

Before I purchase a MAC I would like to know Can a Mac open an HTML files on any browser just like in windows? Example: an ebook that is downloaded toyour computer and is in html format that you need to open with any browser withouthaving to connect to the internet. Please let me know!

Jul 29, 07 10:04 pm
archtopus

uh, yeah . . . browsers are pretty much completely cross-platform

Jul 29, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
tomcuise3230

how sure are you (do u have a MAC or you tried in on a mac before)

Jul 30, 07 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
paulmiller

yes. safari works for pretty much any html page you'll come across, but for that rare occasion that it cannot open something, you can use firefox.

Jul 30, 07 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

It's not a problem. 100% positive.

Jul 30, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

r u a scienlogist who believes that apple computers is as evil as the profession of psychiatry? well if you aren't, then why would millions of people be dedicated owners of a mac if the damn thing didn't work?

(and if you are, then stop asking stupid questions of mere mortals and consult your favorite Thetan or go get audited).

Jul 30, 07 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
archtopus

I'm quite sure. I've been using a mac for 6 years.

Jul 30, 07 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
archtopus

and another thing . . . It's not MAC. Thats a cosmetics line. It's Mac, which is an abbreviation of Macintosh.

Jul 30, 07 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Well that first question really tells us alot about your average Mac user.
Nice one.

Jul 30, 07 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

If you want some help deciding if a Mac can do everything you need, can I suggest Apple's forums, or ars technica?

Jul 31, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

just wait - they'll probably download some DRM-laden monstrosity requiring a proprietary viewer and then re-open this thread to complain (s)he can't open it.

Jul 31, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 
tomcuise3230

Okay thanks for all the information that clears everything. Anyway, I also forgot to ask Is the Mac OS also able to open zipped file (that was zipped with winzip or winrar) thatswas zipped in a windows OS and with winzip or winrar?

Aug 1, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

Apple's can't open zipped files.

Is your fly buttoned?

Aug 1, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

every time i read one of these questions, i can't help but picture it's a LOL cat asking them....

Aug 2, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
archtopus

Yes you can open zipped files on a Mac. Stuffit expander is a free program that is sometimes bundled with the OS.

Aug 2, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
jamesandra

You can zip and unzip files right in the Finder. It's fully supported.

Aug 2, 07 8:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: