Archinect
anchor

Crossing Platforms

So, at school I work on OSX and at home I have a PC (XP Prof). I would like to work at home, when possible, because the MAC lab is a nightmare outside of class. I will be doing allot of graphics, animation, and modeling and was considering getting a pretty healthy usb flash drive to cross between the two platforms. Anyone had any experiance with this, or have any pro/con advice. If this is the best way then does anyone have opions on one drive vs. another.

Aug 26, 04 12:37 pm
MADianito

i had use my USB drive to move things from MAC at the office to my pc lap, and desktop at home...
its pretty conveniant but think that everytime u pull out the usb drive from MAC, the system would be creating a .TRASH carpet which includes the same size of file u r carrying out.. so sometimes it can minimize the capacity of ur USB drive to half (has happened to me before) and u can't see it in MAC until u plug the USB drive in the PC... ok... but overall...i think is a good option...or just use re-writable cd's.... but USB has been helpfull for me even in PC to PC operations

Aug 27, 04 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: