Archinect
anchor

Stranger Than Fiction

RoedGroed

It keeps popping up in my head...Could someone help me identify the architecture in this film?
There's the friend's flat and Dustin's office that comes to mind. And the pool/gym...Some of it looks like Kahn to me, but I'm most likely wrong. Thanks.

Jul 27, 07 7:05 pm
RoedGroed

I should do my own research a bit better (too desperate to strike up another Archinect conversation perhaps...)

it was shot in Chicago. I think this is the apartment complex featured in an exterior shot.

Some locations from IMDB

Some production notes

Not a great film really...Just enjoyed the use of architecture

Jul 27, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I think the pool is on the IIT campus, there's also a featurette on the DVD about the locations.

Jul 27, 07 10:12 pm  · 
chrisdidato

The scenes set at the UIC campus are the UIC campus.

Dec 8, 20 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it River City by Goldberg.

Jul 27, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
caste

dustin hoffmans office is filmed at UIC

Jul 30, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
nsalgu

The movie was filmed in Chicago and the UIC campus was used. Walter Netsch designed the original buildings on campus.

Jul 31, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

those window panels were "riot proof" so the campus legend goes...

Jul 31, 07 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just watched this movie last nite. it was quite good. sort of like charlie kaufman lite.

Jul 31, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

The Prairie Shores Apt. are shown Quite a bit..the diagonally opposed Modernist High-rise Bldgs on Grand Blvd. (Now MLK Drive).
Cool Movie, slow, but good.

Jul 31, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: