Archinect
anchor

Wicker Park - Chicago

brandonmhorn

Any archinectors know of any apartments for lease starting this September in Wicker Park, (or bucktown / uk village) Chicago?

I presume you all have good taste in this matter, which is more than can be said for most of the people posting on craigslist, etc....

Thanks!

Jul 14, 07 6:28 pm
ether

just don't rent from visilios elias... aka - elias investment.

Jul 15, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

b-

If you're already in Chicago take a walk (or bike) and just look for "for rent signs". Thats how you find diamonds in the rough. For example I lived in a great 4 bdrm duplex with 3 parking spaces, backyard and big deck for $1200 for about 4 years that I found just riding my bike around. This also a great way to know how close you are to PT, laundry, bars, etc.

If your're feeling lazy, check out the reader on line, I think late Tuesday night or early Wednesday to see whats going for rent before the paper comes out Thursday. That way you can get the jump on good apartments.

goodluck

ps Craigslist (like the reader, other papers, etc.) is a great resource but you have invest the time and do some filtering. If you're looking for someone to hand you a great apartment I hope you're in no hurry.

Jul 15, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
brandonmhorn

I'm just not in chicago at the moment, hence the craigslist and all forms of other online searching

Jul 15, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Wicker park is so over.

-andrew

Jul 16, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 
clamfan

^cant afford it^

Jul 16, 07 9:35 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

ive always used craigslist and combo of walking the neighborhood. since you cant do the latter, i would look into some realty groups, or maybe management companies. i found the place im in now through north/clybourn group and they were pretty helpful and had lots of places in wicker park, bucktown, logan square, and uk village area.

Jul 16, 07 9:42 am  · 
 · 
brandonmhorn

lletdownl...

how much do you have to pay north/clybourn? 15% of rent / year? I was looking at them as well.

Jul 16, 07 9:45 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

most chicago hoods have their own websites with apartments for rent.

Jul 16, 07 9:47 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

brandonmhorn,
yeah it was probably something like that... i split the fee with my room mate... and considering i cant even remember how much it was, i doubt it was anything significant when compared to security deposits and first months rent.
they have a decent listing of places on their website which they keep really well updated too... id check that out

Jul 16, 07 9:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: