Archinect
anchor

cool rings for special fingers

betamax

hello...

need some clues on where to find sweet looking engagement rings...anyone got any ideas? nothing too pricey. not looking for a huge rock. modesty is the key here.

thx

Jul 5, 07 1:27 pm
WonderK

HA! We've been through this a few times now. Do a search for "engagement rings" or "ring design" or "modern ring design" and I think you'll find the majority of the discussions that we've had.

And good luck!

Jul 5, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
binary

my problem isnt the ring...... it's the person that i cant find.....

Jul 5, 07 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

betamax...congrats!

do the right thing!

Jul 5, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

thanks....but no answer yet...ill keep you posted

Jul 5, 07 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
postal

beta, you'll probably see a thread i started a little while back... I'm finally in the final stages of getting this thing... i'll be looking at the second wax model monday probably...

what i did, was "borrow" a design from something at a jewelry story and modify it a bit... (the original had some milgraining that I didn't like)... most jewelers typically do it custom, and the most important thing is to shop at a bunch of places and listen to everyone's song and dance... you eventually get comfortable with your knowledge about diamonds, etc., and figure you out what you want to do

(i ended up having a friend who knew a wholesaler who saved me a ton on my rock)

but you mention "clues"... you will indeed need to hunt for these from your girl's mother, sister, best friend, etc... HOWEVER, WARNING, a girl (sister/best friend) may really be talking about what they want in a ring, and not what your girlfriend wants... so use your judgement...
good luck... this stuff is pretty overwhelming at first

Jul 5, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

i know my GF well enough to find a simple, sleek, no frills ring with a small, yet exquisitely set rock ... i know what kind of ring to get, i know what style, just need to find it....places...i need places to find rings

postal....what was the thread of which you speak?

Jul 5, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

for the wedding ring we went with plain platinum pipe bands.

platinum's heavy enough that you always kind of feel it, soft enough that the outside gets scuffed and dented and the inside gets continuously polished/stays shiny on your finger.

Jul 5, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

"heavy enough that you always kind of feel it, soft enough that the outside gets scuffed and dented "

-just like a marriage steven.

Jul 5, 07 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

gezackly.

Jul 5, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 

steven and vado are on a roll today, they should get their own act together....punchline!

Jul 5, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
simples
http://teno.com/riwidi.html

these are nice and simple...made in germany and have a huge price range...

congratulations...

Jul 5, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
matteo

Once walking down the main shopping street I saw this ring displayed in the Cartier window and I trly felt in love for it.

Since they were too expensive for my budget, I asked to a silversmith to copy the original design.
They look just alike the original ones, but I spent much less.

I have the plain yellow gold one.
My fiancee has the yellow gold with a diamond one (see the picture below)

Jul 5, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

a good friend of mine just got his from titaniumera.com

Jul 12, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

karen konzuk, a jewelry designer...

http://www.konzuk.com/

i actually prefer some of her other jewelry to her rings but maybe you'll find something you'll like.

Jul 12, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Jul 12, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: