Archinect
anchor

Resin Countertops

pencrush

Does anyone know of a good manufacturer or distributor of resin countertops? Or any web resources of the process of creating resin countertops? Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 04 3:15 pm
J3

lightblocks

Aug 24, 04 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
caste

what do you mean ....on site resin?

Aug 24, 04 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
415mission

Try these people:

www.attainc.com

Aug 24, 04 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Try laboratory casework suppliers.
I'm doing a bunch of labs right now - we're using cast epoxy resin tops.
Names I recall... Mott, CiF, etc.

Aug 24, 04 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

Thanks for the replies guys. These are great resources. If you have more, feel free to add...

Aug 24, 04 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
Renewed Materials
Aug 25, 04 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
J3

yes renewed materials is a good product, but be carefull with the contractor/sub not wanting to work with the product. I am using this product on a project (recep. desk) and have had major issues with the subs not wanting to work with it, and pricing it ridiculously high.
After a long drawn out fight with the sub/supplier the cost came down....

Aug 25, 04 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

did they say why they didn't want to work with the product? I'm thinking of using them on a countertop.

Aug 25, 04 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

this is a friend of mine in SF, Marcia may be able to help you.

Fossil Faux Studios

Aug 25, 04 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
J3

the subs that priced the work for the GC were charging something like 7k (for 2k worth of material) for a small transaction counter. Excuse was: well...we don't the technology to work with such a prduct, and we have to send it out to be cut/glued, which adds to the price. I called renewed materials and first they said that was all BS, second... they sent that millworker (Columbia Woodworking in MD) an email telling them they were worthless... and thirdly they recommended several local Millworkerd who will happily work with the material. In the end everyone is happy!

Aug 25, 04 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: