Archinect
anchor

for BLDGBLOG

With Geoff's new gig, it is time to start an archinect lovefest for his amazing writings over at BLDGBLOG, since so many of us have already said congrats here...

Jul 2, 07 8:57 pm
WonderK

I was going to start this but I got so mad at the Scooter Libby thing I forgot.

Everyone else is doing quite well too! Talk about a love fest!!!

Jul 2, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

this is so weird - last week this time I sent off my subscription to Dwell. Yippee for me its going to be Geoffized

Jul 2, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

I <3 BLDGBLOG

Jul 2, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 

arrggh i'm so mad about the scooter libby thing.

and i love bldgblog, too. at least someone shows real thought, real conviction, and some integrity.

Jul 2, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
athenaeum

bldgblog. mmmm. pure yumminess.
i hope Dwell doesn't take any of that away.

Jul 3, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
Geoff Manaugh

Well, I don't know how much "real thought" BLDGBLOG has! But thanks.

Meanwhile, I'm clearing the decks here of everything else - freelance commitments, monthly columns, one-off articles, etc. - so it'll just be Dwell and BLDGBLOG to distract me. There's no intention of any kind to let the blog slip! Especially since I have to turn it into a book...

Anyway, bear in mind that the first issue of Dwell that I'll have any input on won't come out till February 2008 - and that I won't be Editor-in-Chief! That's a totally different job.

But if you have any suggestions for content or tone or events or articles or reviews or whatever, just lemme know... Or if you just simply hate the thing and want to join the pile-on. Or, for that matter, if you just hate BLDGBLOG.

Either way, thanks for the encouragement...!

Jul 3, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 

someone said beer? Oh wait

looking to see your contributions Geoff

Jul 3, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

geoff, i settle for a little less advertising, and spare the lives of the poultry...good luck holmes.

Jul 3, 07 10:50 pm  · 
 · 

yes, thought, geoff. i'm recalling this one especially:

http://bldgblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/great-streets-campuses-and-pedestrian.html

i felt like i was living vicariously through you, a little, when reading this. you had the initial thought that sparked the entry but then had the opportunity/luxury/motivation/whatever to follow it through, to really analyze and understand the observation you had made at the 'great streets' event. i admire that greatly and look forward to more and more of it.

especially if this kind of analysis/commentary starts to fill up a magazine (dwell) to which i already subscribe. (...while still accompanied by sexy pictures, of course.)

Jul 4, 07 8:24 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

All I know is that I was reading BLDGBLOG long before I discovered Archinect, and the two websites have been the only two that I check every day. What I like about Geoff's style is that if I find something boring or way too off-the-wall, I can just skip over it without fearing that I'm missing something. Which doesn't happen often, but still. I admire the enthusiasm that Geoff brings to every post on his blog, and it inspires me somewhat to start thinking about things in ways that I normally never would.

So congrats to Geoff, and may he rub off on dwell for the better.

Jul 4, 07 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: