Archinect
anchor

Design Bush's presidential library

bowling_ball

Yup. I'm not American so I didn't know this was already underway, but in case people here haven't heard, the competition's on for Bush's presidential library.

This article is short, but here it is.

http://www.theeagle.com/stories/061107/texas_20070611017.php

Jul 1, 07 12:06 am
won and done williams

i vote for marcel breuer. he does some beautiful work with brick.

Jul 1, 07 12:12 am  · 
 · 
KEG

"Distinct architectural character"? How will anyone find something suitable to honor this man...

Jul 1, 07 12:58 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

A senior Master's student at UC did this for her thesis...I heard it was pretty interesting actually, because it was a study in how you design volumes of space for containing archives that will only be released to the public after a number of years.....so it was like designing dead space for 30 years.

I doubt that I could have gotten past my loathing to design anything more than crappy though, so kudos to her for that.

Jul 1, 07 1:14 am  · 
 · 
binary

just install a dumpster...... with some chrome

Jul 1, 07 1:23 am  · 
 · 
AP

a young democrat in the George W. Bush Presidential Reading Room

*concept credit goes to aml (if i remember correclty)

Jul 1, 07 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I think it should resemble this

Jul 1, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

that's far too dangerous using a laptop on your lap with so many exposed parts. Worse its an HP and we know how those mothas can cook up swimmers

Jul 1, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i think it should resemble/evoke this:

and I really, really mean it.

Jul 2, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

at the rate things are going, the Bush/Cheney camp will have destroyed everything that could be put in the libraray

Jul 3, 07 2:46 am  · 
 · 
binary

i still dont understand how he hasnt been impeached or "taken care of".... seriously......i cant wait till the next election....... he has to rush to get all his shit in place before he leaves so who knows whats next...

Jul 3, 07 3:36 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

*cough*..IRAN..*cough*

Jul 3, 07 4:50 am  · 
 · 

maybe the library could be shaped like a great big bottle of wite-out!

Jul 3, 07 6:52 am  · 
 · 
Jonas77

he gets no library he is a international human rights violator and a war criminal

give him the same treatment as milosovich and pinochet

Jul 3, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

whatever it is, you should have to cross a fence to gain entry (no fee required, and take whatever you want from the library to send back to your home)

Jul 3, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Jul 3, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

As seen on Facebook:

The Bush Library is being built in Dallas. The "W" Presidential Library will include:

The Hurricane Katrina Room, which is still under construction and will remain so for at least a decade.

The Alberto Gonzales Room, where you won't be able to remember anything.

The Texas Air National Guard Room, where you won't even have to show up.

The Walter Reed Hospital Room, where they won't let you in.

The Guantanamo Bay Room, where they won't let you out.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room, which no one has been able to find.

The National Debt room which is huge and has no ceiling.

The 'Tax Cut' Room with entry only to the wealthy.

The 'Economy Room' which is in the toilet.

The Iraq War Room. After you complete your first tour, they'll make you go back for a second, third, fourth, and sometimes a fifth time.

The Dick Cheney Room, in a famous undisclosed location, complete with shotgun gallery.

The Environmental Conservation Room, still empty.

The Supreme Court's Gift Shop, where you will be able to buy an election.

The Airport Men's Room, where you'll be able meet some of your favorite Republican Senators.

The 'Decider Room' complete with dart board, Magic 8-ball, Ouija board, dice, coins, and straws.

The museum will also have an electron microscope to help you locate the President's accomplishments.

;o)

Dec 14, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

To commemorate Bush' historic visit to Iraq this afternoon:

Dec 14, 08 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: