Archinect
anchor

Where would you live/practice?

Ms Beary

steph, actually I have wondered about boise! thx

Jun 22, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 

word, n_! BARCELONA is the place to be if we're talking bout quality of life!!! I've been there several times and I always wanted to stay longer. las ramblas, the gothic quarter, the streets around the sagrada familia - you can't compare that with anything in the states. no pbr though, but plenty of red wine and $1 tappas on the streets!

careful: true barcelonians would strongly disagree with being part of spain - this is catalonia, mofos! ;)

Jun 22, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe i'll move ToIdAhO

Jun 22, 07 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i bought guiness for 16 american cents per can (warm) at a grocery store in barcelona in 2000! i loved it. in a perfect world where i picked up language in no time, i too, would pick it.

Jun 22, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

plus you get to speak with a lithp!

Jun 22, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 

Montserrat, anyone?

Jun 23, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
Medit
careful: true barcelonians would strongly disagree with being part of spain - this is catalonia, mofos! ;)

not only barcelonians but most catalans... Spain works exactly the opposite way from the USA.. you got 1 nation with various states, we have 1 state with various nations... I really envy you..
In, In-de, In-de-pen-den-ci-a! :)

Jun 23, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

git yer feet down i cant see the view!

Jun 23, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
outthere

Toronto ...def one of the nicest cleanest citys ive ever seen ..and the architecture is amazing!!

Jun 30, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

I prefer dirty cities... or at least places that were once dirty.

I'd rather be in Brooklyn, East Village/LES to the Upper East Side, or Silverlake/Los Feliz/Venice to Beverly Hills - Malibu (or anyplace in between).

Jun 30, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Laurem

If you like dirty cities on the rise up maybe you should try Newark, NJ. It has some really interesting old buildings that are being renovated... and even more that are still abandoned.

Then again there is still the occasional homeless man pooping outside my door.

Jun 30, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: