Archinect
anchor

What happens to my License if I take a break from architecture?

magicpie_nc

I plan on going back to school to study human computer interaction next year. I got my architectural license this year (working for 4 1/2 years). What will happen to my license if I quit my job and moveto another field? Will taking CE credits renew it?

Oct 19, 12 4:40 pm
stone

Check with your state Board - it can vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Oct 19, 12 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

you'll forget what you've learnt, and will have to re-learn if you plan to work in architecture that's for sure xD

Oct 19, 12 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

you'll forget stuff if you're retarded.

otherwise, make sure to keep up with your education credits and you can keep it.

Oct 19, 12 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

Are you retarded?

It seems that may become the topic of your inquiry.

Regards,

A licensed architect

Oct 19, 12 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

smd

Oct 20, 12 3:58 am  · 
 · 

magic - nothing will happen so long as you complete the requirements that the state requires. meaning, if they require 18 hours of HSW continuing ed, then that's what you need to do. once you get your license, there's no work requirements any more. you can get it, turn around and sell cupcakes for the next 10 years. so long as you're meeting your minimum requirements to keep the license, you're still a registered architect.

Oct 21, 12 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

They come in the middle of the night the ninja's, and you will never know they have retrieved your license on behalf of the NCARB and State in which you live.  Your electronic record will vanish and you will be no more.....poof!

Oct 22, 12 7:17 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: