Archinect
anchor

Need a place to crash in NYC

Living in Gin

Greetings, all...

As most of you know, I'm moving to NYC at the end of the month, but I don't yet have a place to live lined up yet. It's pretty hard to look for a place to live from 800 miles away, so I may need to crash somewhere for a few days while I find something. I'll be arriving the evening of June 30th (or possibly sometime the following morning), and I don't anticipate having to stay more than a few nights at the most. I'll have my cat with me, as well as some stuff like my computer, suitcases, etc.

There's a possibility I may find something in the meantime and not even need to crash at anybody's place, but I'd sleep better at night knowing I have somebody's sofa or spare bedroom as an option if needed.

There's also a possibility I'll have my car with me, so bonus points if you live in an area that has relatively easy street parking, or if you know of a nearby area where I could safely park my car.

Thanks in advance...

Jun 11, 07 3:07 pm
bucku

hey LIG, are you still going to the columbia summer studio? i have three friends that are applying.

Jun 12, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'm not sure yet; it depends on whether I can sell my car before July 5th.

Jun 12, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I wish I could help out... but you are coming the day I am leaving so I will not have an apartment anymore :(

Jun 12, 07 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 12, 07 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Looks like the apartment I had last time I lived in NYC.

Jun 12, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Living in Gin: If you get in a bind and you can't find a place to park your car. I will let you park it in my driveway, actually can just stick a
"For Sale" sticker on it and maybe I can even get it sold for you, long as you have very good paper work. You could always catch the train into the city and not be burdened with the hassles of a car in the city.

My neighbor sold his car in about a weeks time.

Jun 12, 07 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Thanks, Snooker... I may take you up on that. Stay tuned. The car's paperwork is good.

Jun 13, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
c

lig
email me . i think i could help you out.

Jun 14, 07 12:45 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Done.

Jun 14, 07 7:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: