Archinect
anchor

Architectural Database

scottyvalentine

Hey guys,

I want to discus an idea I had for an addition toArchinect. The idea is for an architectural database where Archinect users and submit information they have gathered about specific locations or cultures and store them on Archinect for all to see.

I think this would allow great understanding of design between other cultures and allow people who would not normally think out side their own environment.

I would envisage something like wikipedia (which is currently a useful tool for this along with other sites) but much more orientated towards architecture.

Currently it is possible to search areas and obtain text, images and video about different areas. But a central place would be a great way to share knowledge in our community.

for example, this past weekend I visited East Malaysia, I have loads photos and videos and information that I have discovered, and I cannot think of an easy way to share the knowledge I have taken in with the architectural community, besides adding it to my blog and hoping people looking at that area can find it in a Google search.

What do the rest of you think?

Cheers

Scott

Jun 11, 07 5:33 am
b3tadine[sutures]

isn't that what Cameron Sinclair's Open Architecture project all about?

Jun 11, 07 6:45 am  · 
 · 
scottyvalentine

ahh... sorry, I've never heard of it before

http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/03/12/open-architecture-network-cameron-sinclair/

I take it this is on the right track.

Jun 11, 07 7:23 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

scotty, i do believe that is correct.

Jun 12, 07 7:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: