Archinect
anchor

jobs in the nederlands

Mahler

i am hopeing that someone my help me find a resourse for finding a job in the nederlands. i am an american citizen and i would like to move to the nederland permenantly. all comments are welcome. thanks.

Jun 10, 07 1:38 pm
a-f
ArchiNed

- click "Vacatures"

on moving to Holland from abroad (working permit for non-EU citizens can be very tricky): IND

Jun 10, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
.nl

Why?

Jun 10, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
bx92

as a-f points out... getting a work permit is quite seriously a very very very tricky endeavour. it escalates to impossible if you're above 30. regardless of your architectural skills, this is an administrative, paperological issue. have a look at the IND site and enquire about us-nl youth exchange programmes... save yourself a good deal of frustration. good luck, cheers

Jun 10, 07 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

my father is an ex-pat, born in Utrecht, came over after war. i wonder if that would give me an assist if i wanted to go that route.

dream; summer in holland, winter in spain.

Jun 10, 07 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

a close friend of mine, his family (german and dutch) were heavily affected by the holocaust, and as a result, he was able to obtain citizenship and work in the e.u.

Jun 10, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
MacRoen

Could be a bit hard as there are many architects out here, all of them with a working permit.... But it isn't impossible. Although not necessary but do you speak Dutch? Why Holland? Why permenantly?

You always could marry a Dutch girl and wait a couple of years on your permit :)

Jun 11, 07 6:38 am  · 
 · 

separate from the issue of getting permission to work in the netherlands, it seems like jobs come up in archinect's jobs section on a fairly regular basis.

Jun 11, 07 7:49 am  · 
 · 
KEG

god, my british passport is priceless. I can't wait to graduate and put this EU citizenship to good use...

Holland is a small country with a large population. Housing shortages and unemployment are particularly acute problems. The government wants to be able to guarantee that all foreigners admitted to the country will enjoy equal status and have the best possible chance of self-fulfillment. Admitting too many aliens would threaten those efforts. Therefore, only small numbers of foreigners are granted permission to stay in the Netherlands for a prolonged period.

EU and EEA nationals do not need a permit or visa to work or reside in the Netherlands. However, they do need the legal documents required to cross the border (such as a passport). Non-EU/EEA nationals (with the exception of a handful of countries) require an MVV (similar to a visa) to enter the country. This must be applied for with the Netherlands embassy or consulate in the home country before entering the Netherlands.

Have you checked out dutchgrammar.com?

this website might be helpful for legal stuff...

Jun 11, 07 11:10 am  · 
 · 
MacRoen

@Steven Ward.

From which offices: OMA ... any more? These guys get 50 resumes a day.... There are some nice offices in NL but way too much architects. I would try some exchange program first. Working experience in NL, language is a must if you want to stay there. With that you will make more chance.

Jun 11, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

ik plan on applying for reciprocity in NL and/or BE soon as i zijn een EU expat mijzelf

i would love to Live in my Oma's mansion she helped design it with the architect

Jun 12, 07 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
Archinecture

you are a moron, jonas

Jun 12, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

and you calling names says more about U den mij

Jun 12, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: