Archinect
anchor

Your Favorite Architectural/Urban/Enviromental WebSites/Blog?

draftmonkey

Hey, since i'm unemployed architecture student still looking for my first internship, I have lots of time on my hand and I know there are some of you out there who websurf during work so i created a website that puts all the latest daily news together. I'm open to adding informative architectural/urban sites or to removing sites. Do you guys have any suggestions?

And also does anyone know of any news sites covering the architecture going up in the Middle East(Dubai) area?

http://www.floatingpodium.com

And one last thing, if anyone knows of any openings in the los angeles area, for an inexperienced but technically adept student bounce me an email at [email protected]

Enjoy.

Jun 7, 07 7:39 pm
Louisville Architect

while i like the idea of a clearinghouse for arch site news, it's not quite working in a way that would make me want to use it, d.

i'd suggest making the type smaller so that more different sites' names can appear on screen at a time.

and some editorial activity: don't just link the title, describe what it's about at least. i mean, what the hell is 'reveal me' (pruned) about and why should i click on it?

make it work and you'll be one of my favorites because i hate having to drag through all of them on my own. keeps me from getting my work done. ; )

Jun 7, 07 8:04 pm  · 
 · 

wow, so much wiser than per correll.... I agree completely.

As far as favorite sites go, I'm becoming rather addicted to Treehugger, and have recently bookmarked the Bike Commute Tips Blog, which really branches outside of the realm described in the title to review articles and implementations regarding biking in the urban context. Although that may be too tangential for you.

Jun 7, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
draftmonkey

Thanks, I'll take up the advice and come up with a new revision at the end of next week. As for the domain name, It was one of the few i had remaining, I'll have to figure out that one too. In the mean time I suppose i'll be collecting new sites.

Jun 7, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
mine

but I also visit my ninja please, treehugger, and core77 almost daily

Jun 7, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

Tropolism and Inhabitat are also great to visit

Jun 7, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
draftmonkey

I incororated some changes, although i do realize that soon or later things should be more organized.

Jun 7, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
draftmonkey

I made some new changes to http://www.floatingpodium.com, it should make viewing the stories a more pleasant experience.

As for catergories, I was thinking of...

Blogs
Urbanism
Digital Architecture
Green
Interior
Landscape

Any Thoughts?

How do you like to read your architecture news sites, via RSS reader, webbrowser bookmarks? manually typing the web address in?

Jun 12, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
draftmonkey
http://www.floatingpodium.com

whoops wrong address

Jun 12, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I am disappointed by Tropolism - 12 postings since February. Four posts in all of April and May. The last one was 2 weeks ago... I'm not sure that it deserves the attention it gets. Architecho's kicks its arse.

I think dezeen is good, and he posts alot about the middle east, and also has a Hadid blog up at the moment as well.

Floating Podium looks good... well done. Put Architechnophilia at the top.

Jun 12, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller
world architecture news

is a nice break from the parochial american domination of the web (no offense paul, really!) and they cover the middle east too.

good jobs section too, if you want to earn some euros, yen or pounds....

Jun 14, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

I'm touched, and a little speechless. You have no idea how rare the latter is.

Jun 14, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
draftmonkey

what are you exactly refering to?

Jun 15, 07 12:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: