Archinect
anchor

Rhino/Parallels

debb

I have been using Rhino via Bootcamp for a couple of years and it runs fine.  No real issues.  I recently used a trial of the new Parallels and I thought it was going to work with Rhino 5 just fine but while dragging an object, it will suddenly jettison off to another part of the universe and leaving me to scramble finding the bloody drawing.  I thought it was a mouse issue but Apple's mouse or a Logictech mouse both produced the same problem--otherwise it worked fine.  Most of my work is top view drafting so I am not asking a lot of Rhino.

I know this may be not be resolveable, but I was curious if anyone knows of a fix.  I like my mac and I like rhino--the Rhino for mac is not for prime time for sure--and it all works fine with bootcamp--just would like the convenience.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Oct 10, 12 8:35 am
i r giv up

lolmacs

that's what you get for not researching your product before you buy.

Oct 10, 12 11:03 am  · 
 · 
debb

not helpful

no purchases were made, it was a trial version of parallels and I had another mouse 

so if you don't have a real answer to my question other than ridicule why do you bother to answer

lol

Oct 16, 12 9:11 am  · 
 · 
MyDream

I want to learn rhino and grasshopper. How is it, obviously architecture firms use it, but is it kind of like sketch up or auto cad is it wroth learning from a cad drafter's perspective?

Sorry to answer you question with another question.

Oct 16, 12 9:54 am  · 
 · 
zonker

MYDream - it's worth learning from and architect/designer/programmer perspective -it's not a drafting tool.

Oct 16, 12 11:35 am  · 
 · 
debb

It can be a drafting tool.  It is similar in many ways to Autocad and a very sophisticated Sketchup.   It can do other things as well, but it is useful for drafting.  I use that part of the its abilities all the time.  It also has some great cross platform abilities--it can open and work with cad drawings and things can be saved for cad.  Is it the program of choice for architectural firms?--I would guess that is still Autocad.  I like it better than auto cad but perhaps that is just a personal preference.  Perhaps others will have more insight.

Oct 18, 12 7:58 am  · 
 · 
aphorismal

I personally love Rhino for drafting.  Not as powerful as Autocad, but still does the job really quickly.

Oct 18, 12 9:56 am  · 
 · 
MyDream

Rhino sounds great, if it has drafting capabilities and i know you can use v-ray on it. Sounds like a great software to add to a professional's arsenal.

Oct 18, 12 10:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: