Archinect
anchor

US Embassy in Baghdad

RKTechture

Just curious if any of you saw some of the accidentally posted renderings. What program did they do this in? What do you think? Obviously security is the guiding design principle here, but I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070601/ap_on_go_ot/baghdad_embassy_plans

Jun 1, 07 3:11 am
Liebchen

Looks like Microsoft Paint.

Jun 2, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

it is being discussed here.

Jun 2, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
med.

...sigh...

It is a perfect reflection of the dreadfully run US military campaign there.

I'm sure very few people realize this, but Baghdad once had a very thriving modern architecture presence there. i've been there on several occasions and i saw a lot of familiar names. Gropius designed Baghdad University (Frank Lloyd write had the original masterplan but passed away before it could be done). Corbu has an olympic complex there, Oscar Niemier had a project there, gio ponti did the Ishtar shararon, Robert Venturi did the Baghdad state mosque, and some of the arab world's own architects such as Rifaat Chadirji and Hassan Fathy also had projects there. It was actually a progressive and moderate society there for many years.

I predicted this entire mess would happen from the begining. No one believed me because they were to devastatingly stunned and demoralized by our "great" media.

it would be nice if down the stretch, someone picked up Wright's masterplan.

Jun 3, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: