Archinect
anchor

Work clothes for Women

adrasteia

Can anyone recommend a store where I can find decently priced work clothes for women? By work I mean construction/build work, not office work.

May 28, 07 3:29 am
vado retro

go ToThIsPlAcE and pick me up some llama food while you're at it.

May 28, 07 8:14 am  · 
 · 
archie
www.duluthtrading.com
May 28, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 

Frankly, I just buy Dickies. If you don't like how low-cut the women's are, the men's will probably fit fine.

May 28, 07 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Vado great link there..."The art of attraction" Make you backyard a happening place....need I say more...

May 28, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 

I guess high heels and silk dress aren't appropriate

May 28, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Actually one of my photography clients built her 2 stores wearing these (which she's now given to me as a talisman to carry on the tradition.)

Maybe not advisable for every job site, but... it's been done.

May 28, 07 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

bobs stores if you're in the northeast: http://www.bobstores.com/index.asp

stick with the big names, like carhardt, dickies, and timberland. they're more expensive, but they'll last you in the field.

May 28, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hahaha, I love that an architect would notice that patent leather holds up better on the jobsite! Good one, tumbles!

May 29, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Oh now this is war, I believe just the opposite... patent leather gets all scuffy and trashed. Whereas leather can look even better when it's worn down and broken in.

May 29, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

PS Personally I think my ideal solution would be a safety version of those gothic moon boots with 6"-9" platforms. I could do more things and carry the larger pieces that I currently would drag on the ground.

May 29, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Black-PLATFORM-Goth-FETISH-Dancer-Boots-Demonia-7-9_W0QQitemZ260121409970QQihZ016QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting]These![/url}

May 29, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics
Try Again!
May 29, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
keopi

you won't believe this but i saw a girl wearing those exact shoes last weekend around 3rd Ave and 55th. Besides looking ridiculous she couldn't even walk in them. It looked painful. and heavy.
..perfect for jobsite .. ??

May 29, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: