Archinect
anchor

Vancouver Cad file

Craig Robertson

Does anyone out there have an up to date cad layout of downtown Vancouver. I'm working on a school project and don't want to waste days making a digital model of the downtown if I can help it.

Thanks.

May 27, 07 1:41 pm
njp
vanmap

may have some useful info for you.

May 27, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sorry...

Been there, done that. They [City Planning/Engineering] don't have anything. If they do, they're not willing to part with it and more than willing to lie about it as well. You could maybe try an architecture/engineering/landscape firm, but good luck with that. And the building footprints you find on VanMap are absolutely horrendous. The city doesn't even have a handy resource telling them how tall their buildings are without looking them up in a parcel search.

I was immensly frustrated with them.

Maybe you'll have better luck...

Let me know if you do...

Jun 1, 07 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
Neogi

Just curious if you were you able to find either a cad file or a 3d model of downtown Vancouver? I found a resource, however they make you pay for the file. Which is unfortunate. 

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=62089

Aug 20, 13 3:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: