Archinect
anchor

What is the perfect murse for an Architect?

archMONSTER

Im looking for something that is well designed in form + function. It must fit a laptop, keys, cellphone, shit, without it looking like it is about to explode. Must feel exteremly comfortable while riding a bicycle and does not flop all over the place. Any suggestions?

May 26, 07 2:31 pm
garpike

I learned a new word!

May 26, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

rock it mdler style

May 26, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Mydad was a murse.

May 26, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

The right nurse must ofcaurse know optics, so she know how important my glasses are and can find them for me, and know the difference of them eh -- strange question .....

May 26, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Per, I want to have a beer with you. Next time you are in LA or next time I am in Denmark. Ok?

PRINT it

May 26, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
jgeis

TOKEN bags are nice

May 26, 07 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

The Jack Spade Messenger isn't really a murse, since it holds a laptop (With its own separate sleeve, very handy), but it's the choice of the New-York-Pseudo-Intellegentsia-Clean-Hipster-Architect/Designer-Type. Whether that's a deal breaker or not is your call. I just caved and got one:

May 26, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
njp

probably not the best for cycling, but nice nonetheless.

May 26, 07 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie
chrome

makes really cool bags. i haven't seen the laptop one in person, but it looks comfy.

May 26, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I would happily buy a Jack Spade bag for any man-panion of mine. Those Blackstones look nice too. Both are probably too nice for cycling though.

May 26, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

keep tumbles away from freitags...

May 26, 07 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I rock two...

When dressed a little better (winter or meetings)

All other times...I love it. Durable, prefect size, tons of pockets...rain? hahaha, nice try mother nature.

May 26, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i dont carry a murse and lately don't even carry a wallet. i just put my driver's license and my debit card in my glasses case and head on out into the cruel cruel world.

May 26, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
hobbitte

pardon my ignorance... but,
murse = man purse?

May 26, 07 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

Yes, murse = man purse, but technically they're supposed to be smaller than a traditional messenger bag; closer in size and function to a woman's purse.

May 26, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 

murse are so wrong. Like vado I head out (into the cruel cruel world) sans wallet or messenger bag most days

May 26, 07 11:32 pm  · 
 · 

on a serious note do you need to carry a wallet if you have a murse??

May 26, 07 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
mm

Won't you carry your wallet in your murse?

If you carry a murse, is it required that your murse match your mandles?

May 29, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i have a jack spade bag which i really like... considering how solid its made i have no problem with the fact i spent a little bit more than normal on it...

also, since i carry around 100 albums ( my A List) and a book everywhere i go, i virtually never leave my house without my bag... though bigger than a murse, its super handy

May 29, 07 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I've got an Eddy Bauer laptop bag that I carry most days. If I don't have to have my laptop, I carry my DL, a credit card, and a couple of 20 dollar bills in a Swiss Army business card holder I found. They both seem to do the job, and I get compliments on both.

May 29, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

yes, the age-old murse and mandels question.

if you delve into murse territory it must match your mandels, manlettos or whatever you happen to be accessorising with, watches and belts included.

May 29, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wow - I thought it was a misspelling of "muse" and was ready for a pretty intense collection of the things that inspire us.

May 29, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

I dig my Jack Spade bag.

May 29, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i'm also in the market for a murse/messanger bag. the jack spade bags are nice and straightforward, although pricey. does anyone have a non-leather spade bag? are they water proof/resistant?

freitag bags are nice, but i want something grey or black...they seem to have every option except those 2...

May 29, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

my spade bag is canvas... its been super resilient... i dont know if they are water proof as that hasnt been tested too much... though it has on several occasions been rained on a bit without ill effects

May 29, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i read "what is the perfect muse for an architect", and then thought you all had a "bag-fetish"...

May 29, 07 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
futureboy

I was just on monocle magazine's website and they have this really nice, utilitarian bag from a japanese company called porter....very clean design.

May 31, 07 11:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: