Archinect
anchor

Drawing Books

adamk15

Hi, I'm a second year architecture student. I am looking for some books that include drawings, as a way of improving my skills in presentation and communication. The kind of thing I'm looking for is any book with beautiful drawings such as charcoal, ink, pencil, pen, watercolour. Hopefully with rendered persepectives etc, not just line drawings of plans as I already have some experience in the "technical" drawing side. I had a quick google but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. If anyone could help me that would be fantastic as I'm really trying to further my drawing abilities!

Sep 27, 12 5:14 am
-------

A book recommended to me in graphics, and one that I've found invaluable, is Composite Drawing: Techniques for Architectural Design Presentation by M. Saleh Uddin.

Sep 27, 12 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

any books by Francis Ching will help.

also, if you've got an hour or two to kill between classes visit your school's library and hunker down in the architecture section. look at monographs from various architects and see how they present their drawings. check out the periodicals too, like GA and Detail. lots of good ideas there.

Sep 27, 12 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

I've never seen any sort of coporate-publisher one-stop your-guide-to-graphics type book that I thought was really useful (not much a ching fan, personally, beyond the detail basics when I was a student). I think the the best thing is to hunt the library like xtbl says and find the work by architects and artist you like. Maybe that would be a good crowdsourcing exercise, for those who want to put their hard-won selections on the table.

Sep 27, 12 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: