Archinect
anchor

Show of Hands for Columbia Summer Program

smithwillb

Can i get a show of hands for who's going to the columbia summer program? maybe a little bit of background?

i'm 24. graduated from UNC-CH '05 with a degree in Journalism. I live in the city and i'll be applying to March I programs this fall. i'm hoping this course will shake me into some good habits.

right now i'm taking all my calc/physics pre-reqs....ouch. oh, and working a full time job.

May 18, 07 11:05 am
AChen

I just applied so hopefully there are spots left, how long did it take for them to notify you?

May 18, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

about a month or so. i just called and asked over the phone and some woman just told me - i got the package about a week later.

May 18, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
reddomain

I'll be there in the summer for the MSAAD program.

27, graduated Cal Poly Pomona '05. moved to the city last week and am loving every minute of it!

May 24, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'll be there. I arrive in NYC with my moving truck on July 1st. I'll most likely be living in the Columbia dorms, but I'm still exploring other options.

About me: 32 years old, 11 years experience in the field (albeit mostly as a CAD monkey), and I'll finally be wrapping up my BA degree this fall. I plan on applying to grad schools next year, but I feel like being a CAD monkey for so long has sucked the creative juices out of me. I'm hoping the Columbia program will re-awaken that creativity, and help me remember why I went into this business in the first place. If it also gives me a leg up with grad school admissions, then so much the better.

May 24, 07 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I guess I should qualify my statement above: I'll be there if I can sell my car within the next month.

May 29, 07 12:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: