Archinect
anchor

Historic Roof Tiles

sheilaarat

Does anyone happen to know of a project now or coming up that might be able to use vintage LA Pressed Brick Company clay S-tiles circa 1920's? They were removed from a Spanish cottage credited as designed by Myron Hunt near Pasadena, originally covering about 6000 square feet. In the interest of preservation I would like to see these recycled into a new installation. After some breakage during removal and stacking on pallets (30 or so), the amount available and approximate specifications are as follows (pictures attached):

Approx                                                                                    Weight

Type        Squares                Pcs/Sq             Size         Exposure     per Tile            

S                     64                   ~150                14” x 11”         11”           6.2 lbs.
Baby S           16                   ~200                12” x 9.5”        10”           4.5 lbs.
Rakes and ridges               ~360 indiv pcs

I would appreciate any tips or advice on how to identify a suitable re-use for these in Southern California. Please contact me by phone (818) 720-9420 or email [email protected]

Thank you,
Sheila

Sep 24, 12 2:22 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: