Archinect
anchor

Which building am I thinking of....?

I am trying to recall a building which I saw a few photos of earlier this year. It was recently finished (or perhaps nearly there). I think it is commercial in Northern Europe. It was basically a big multi-story glass box, except the glass appeared to be in huge panels that were in multiple angles. So a sort of Coop-Himmelblau looking thing... except it wasn't. The glass was completely flat, but a frit pattern on the glass gave the illusion that it was angular. this sound familiar to anyone? I've been searching around the net but cant find it again...

Sep 22, 12 1:23 pm

it looks similar to this... only the glass is actually flat, with the illusion of angles. 

Sep 22, 12 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Jadzia

Maybe Stadshuis Nieuwegein (The Netherlands) by 3XN?  http://www.archdaily.com/220899/stadshuis-nieuwegein-3xn/

Sep 23, 12 10:24 am  · 
 · 

yes!!

thanks!!

Sep 23, 12 10:46 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Wow!  Good job, Jadzia.

Most of the new buildings and/or published projects out there look just like this.  How did you know the right one?

Sep 23, 12 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Jadzia

Thanks citizen.
Overpraise, I'm afraid.
The description James gave was quite accurate and I'm European so I should be up to date regarding European architecture.  ^^

Sep 24, 12 7:27 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

everyone in new york thought its was this

Sep 26, 12 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: