Archinect
anchor

Portfolio help

Currently in the process of completely overhauling my portfolio, I was wondering if anyone had any good websites or books that I shoud check out to help me on my endeavor. I'm a big fan of using solid colors (usually red, orange, bright green, light grays) with bold, straightforward text (I love Helvetica). Any precedents would be great. Thank you!

May 15, 07 9:28 pm
boxy

composite drawing

May 15, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

porfolio design

by harold linton

May 15, 07 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

also, look here.

May 15, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha. You're bad Cris.

May 15, 07 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha, how so!?

May 15, 07 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

You pointed him to his own thread.

May 15, 07 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa

No he didn't you crazy cracker.

May 15, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa

A similar one though, haha...I was like, "WTF?!...oh....cool."

May 15, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa

Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

May 15, 07 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ooops. It is almost dinner and I am seeing things. I gotta lay off the pistachios.

I am a crazy cracker.

May 15, 07 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Building Design Portfolios

This guide covers all the design specialties (arch, industrial, graphic, artists), so take it with a grain of salt in terms of how far you should go with designing it. BUT, on the other hand, it'll get you to think about a lot of the graphic design stuff that so many architects are bad at, and show you things from a few different perspectives that you may want to spooge into your format.

May 15, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

no problem.

garpike, always keep a granola bar in your desk, always!

May 16, 07 10:29 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Words to live by.

Also, my grad-school-entrance portfolio was based on a layout from Linton's book, with some adjustments in proportion, etc.

There are other things you'll learn from that book as well, which are also important - things like theme, consistency, variation, etc that will help you just as much or more than learning about which font to use. Highly recommend it.

May 16, 07 10:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: