Archinect
anchor

Lebbeus's Woods influnce on architecture?

Iago

What specific architects or buildings have been influenced by Wood's work?
I can't seem to find any examples, despite how powerful his ideas and drawings are..

Thanks.

ps. Hello there, First post here. This seems like a thriving forum.

Sep 20, 12 9:49 am
metal

Hi.
I always wondered if Steven Holl's dorms at MIT were influenced by Woods.

Sep 23, 12 3:05 am  · 
 · 

before 'folding' was a software-enabled function, the desire for folded faces had been planted by woods. 

as someone who had some interaction with him when he visited our school, i expect that a generation of architecture students who encountered his work in the late80s/early90s absorbed some of the formal aspects of his work as we admired his luscious pencil renderings. 

i can't really be more specific because what's remarkable in looking at his twenty year old work now is how familiar it looks. 

Sep 23, 12 9:41 am  · 
 · 

he has an often interesting blog.  his drawings are great.  architecture influence is harder to guess at.  certainly some influence but maybe vague.  i saw him at the bartlett a few years ago and couldn't understand what he wanted to say but the drawings looked good and the built installation was mildly interesting.  he seems to be one of those guys who is still working out how or if he wants to move from the conceptual to the real.

Sep 23, 12 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
domestico

people on the fringes:

Naga Studio Architects

Bobco Metals L.A. by Null Lab

Peter Salter's built work in japan, although i doubt it is influenced by woods, but has a similar feel with oxidized metal canted walls - looks like it was roasted by fire

michele saee's work - although also probably not influenced, but has similar feel

Sep 24, 12 12:54 am  · 
 · 
i r giv up

libeskind's crystals wouldn't exist without lebbeus.

Sep 24, 12 7:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: