Archinect
anchor

osu/columbus, verizon vs. cingular

eastcoastarch03

i'm currently with cingular, but my contract ends in october. i live in maryland and the service is decent. i hate my shitty razor phone and i dislike motorola phones all together. i prefer nokias, which i know verizon has.

i'm moving to columbus this fall to pursue my bachelor of science in architecture at Ohio State(as a transfer). i'm thinking of switching over to verizon because they have better plans and better phones. does anyone know how verizon's service is around columbus and it's surrounding towns??

thank you for any replies.

May 12, 07 6:19 pm
eastcoastarch03

and i suppose the real question in, which service provider is better in studio, since i probably won't really be in the downtown area at all.

May 12, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
lisl_k

Verizon works; just not in the elevators. But you should take the ramps anyway.

May 12, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
noktulo

Yeah, I have Verizon and I've never had a problem with reception anywhere in the Columbus area (I live in Gahanna).

May 12, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
Catcow

Wolf Blitzer also has a stake in the Cinglar vs. Verizon battle:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fF38xK3ds

May 12, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

this is the best thread EVER!!!

May 13, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

bump

May 13, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

vado, you really live in naptown?

great place, i frequent it

May 13, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 

verizon's got the best coverage in columbus. i've never had a problem in the building.

May 13, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
symmetry

T-mobile.......Verizon charges you for silly things

May 14, 07 1:32 am  · 
 · 
Cissellicious

I have Verizon in Columbus and have had no problems. I don't go by campus much so I don't know how it works there or in the buildings there. I had Sprint when I first moved here, it was crap. But I think that is the case for Sprint everywhere.

May 14, 07 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
noktulo

@symmetry: Yes. I heartily agree. I wouldn't have Verizon if it weren't for the family plan. Verizon's coverage is better, but I never had a problem with coverage when I had Virgin Mobile or T-Mobile.

May 14, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hi Cissellicious!!! Welcome to the fun!

your friend,

-WonderK

May 14, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: