Archinect
anchor

advice on a card

gillespie

so i need an opinion, archinect. i left my previous firm last august to attend grad school. i just found out that the wife of the principal suffered a debilitating non-mental stroke a couple weeks ago. i was quite fond of her and would like to send a note of support to her and her husband.

the problem is that i don't know quite what to say. from personal experience, kind words are appreciated, but seem to ring a bit hollow (for me at least) when you are facing illness. i would estimate this is even more so when it is a life-altering event.

my solution at the moment is as follows : i am currently studying in europe. as we archies do, i have been sketching quite a bit over the past few months, and was thinking of sending her one of my better drawings with a short note of support.

this is not so much a request for archinect to write a note for me, but i see this as a forum to address how one responds when a friend or co-worker undergoes such a negative event.

and if you think my idea is particularly good or bad, please let me know. at this point, however, it feels the most appropriate.

May 11, 07 1:18 pm
myriam

my thoughts and sympathies are with you both. i still think fondly on my experiences with you and wanted to take this time to let you know what you mean to me. i hope you enjoy the enclosed sketch, it makes me think of you in such-and-such way/reminds me of such and such about you/portrays something i have been enjoying recently and would like to share with you.

best wishes for your recovery,
gillespie

May 11, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: