Archinect
anchor

which rendering program will...

which rendering program will give you this "watercolor" quality seen in the images below?

thanks

Sep 16, 12 5:14 pm
accesskb

none.. its been photoshoped to death!

use Vray to get the base lighting and render.. then use photoshop

Sep 16, 12 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
kunal.ghevaria

Accesskb is right - it's a lot of Photoshop work on top of the base render. There's nothing that will directly give you that look.

You could try using a blue / purple hdri map and yellowish lights to give you the evening / night look that several of the above renders seem to have.

Sep 16, 12 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ms.Winston

also these renders looked farmed, so its possible that no matter how long you stare at photoshop you may still have a hard time achieving this look...

not to say that its impossible, but from my experience...

someone that does nothing but rendering all day, will be better than an architect/ designer who is busying themselves with other things.. (hopefully)

Sep 17, 12 4:06 am  · 
 · 

thanks for the input. i will try my hand at this

Sep 17, 12 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

What is it with putting birds in renderings? 

There are thousands of tutorials on youtube for achieving these same results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhokG3ljdo

And many times they have great soundtracks...unfortunately this one does not.

Best of luck!

Sep 17, 12 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

birds in a rendering?  i guess its all to create an atmosphere in the image. Its stupid to do these during the rendering when you don't know exactly how they'll turn out, when its much harder to tweak as opposed to a 2 minute job in photoshop and the time it takes to render.

Sep 17, 12 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: