Archinect
anchor

church in chicago: renovation issue

cmrhm

I need to renovate my church in next haft an year. But without much CA/CD knowledge, there are quite a few questions I need to seek for the help. Today I would like to focus on the ceiling issue in the bathrooms.

I wonder how many types of ceiling tile I can begin to choose from? Is there any good online showrooms and manufacturer website to check?

Please bookmark this question to follow my progress and quesions. I promise I will contiune to do it until my church in U. of Chicago is done.

Thanks.

May 8, 07 4:36 pm
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

What is your level of experience, CMRHM?

May 8, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i'm surprised that you work in a large firm in chicago doing concrete framed high-rise construction and you don't have access to a healthy material library.

what do you mean by tile? acoustic?

tell you what - i probably won't bookmark your question but i'll suggest that you bookmark these:

arcat
[url=http://products.construction.com/portal/server.pt[sweets[/url]

May 8, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

ugh..
sweets

May 8, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

suspended act
mfg: armstrong
product: ultima
item: #1912
size: 24x24x3/4
edge: beveled tegular
grid: 6/19",white

May 9, 07 10:20 am  · 
 · 

get an armstrong catalog (not the binder, just the catalog) and a usg catalog. pick, choose, compare. not being facetious: these are great tools for figuring out what you're after. once you sort of know what you want, other brands can probably supply the stuff too.

May 9, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Thank you, guys. So I will start from armstrong catalog, USG catalog and Sweets then.

May 9, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Hey, Guys:

After one year delay, here is some progress my brothers/sisters and Me made for my church. The budget is around $45000 for 2000 sqft basement renovation. I would like to post some rendering first then I will post more details regarding this project latest development.

How can I post my renderings?

Dec 4, 08 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Synergy

CMRHM, save the renderings onto an image hosting site, such as Photobucket, Picasa, shutterfly, etc. and then link the images using the following html code:

If the images are large (width greater than 440 pixels or so, use the following code, that will reduce the size for proper viewing on this forum.

Give it a try or two and you will figure it out. If you forget, the text is at the bottom of the screen in a faint grey lettering.

Dec 4, 08 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Synergy

Oops, I forgot,here is the code

[ img]http://www.image.com/image.jpg width=420 [/img]

do not include the first space after the first "[" and it should work for you.

Dec 4, 08 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: