Archinect
anchor

am i on crazy pills?

vado retro

these girls are so amateur at self destruction....

Jun 4, 07 8:12 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

yeah, well edie is my dream woman. she is just like a woman.

Jun 4, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
simples

now were are really talking crazy pills and beautiful women...i've always been fascinated with edie sedgwick (the whole factory scene actually)...and you are right Vado, that was self destruction at its worst...Not to change the subject further, has anyone seen the film "factory girl"...i was in doubt whether i wanted to see it, but it got horrible reviews...i might eventually rent it...

Jun 4, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

i don't know. bob was pretty upset about his informal depiction in the film. i probably won't see it. i know what i need to know.

Jun 4, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i heard "like a rolling stone" was inspired by edie (makes sense);

maybe "k-fed" will write a song about paris...

Jun 4, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams
Paris Freed!!!! (sort of)
Jun 7, 07 10:33 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i don't know who inspired it but im living it.

Jun 7, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

but it's clearly about a woman. vado?!

Jun 7, 07 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah well i got a leopard skin pill box hat too!

Jun 7, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

how is this not unusual and mean-spirited treatment? paris hasn't hurt anybody and now she's being paraded around in cuffs into-jail, out-of-jail, into-jail, out-of-jail...talk about bullshit. if she were a football coach with the same charges i guarantee that this would all be resolved in time for the game.

and, what, like los angeles doesn't have any real criminals to devote police & media attention to?...good grief

Jun 8, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

the world is full of moralists that like to cast judgment on other people. that has certainly become obvious from this whole story.

Jun 8, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 

i feel less sympathy for her being in jail than i do for her being JERKED AROUND by being allowed to go home and then have to leave home again.

Jun 8, 07 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This was all every Hoosier cashier or person standing in line to get to a cashier was talking about today. <sarcasm> God Bless America. </sarcasm>

Jun 8, 07 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

im sure it the discussion wasn't limited to the backwaters of indiana.

Jun 9, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

since this is always the top thing on my webhost's news and i can't get away from it, i'll just say that this crappy ordeal seems to have ended up being a way for ms hilton to show both her humanity (for those fooled by the super-cool facade) and that she's got class.

she's been jerked around, all the people around her are coming off as either fools or assholes, the media and even the fans that profess to like her have gone nuts...

...she's cried when she needed to cry.

...she's accepted her knocks when she needed to make the frenzy die down a little. today she said again (like before the whole home-release episode) that she'd accept her sentence and serve it out.

she says it might be good for her and i tend to believe it. won't it be cool when this whole generation of party-girls and -guys are really truly adults and become the seasoned and wise matriarchs and patriarchs of hollywood?

Jun 10, 07 8:22 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i was flippin the channels and on enterpainment tonight they let judge judy weigh in on the paris matter, judge judy said she would tell paris that "beuaty fades, but stupid is forever." i guess jj was thinking paris was trailer trash chick instead of hotel heiress trash. oh well, when is the reality show with washed up celebrities in prison begin?

Jun 10, 07 8:30 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I have respect for Paris, cause she didn't go out and hire the Dream Team....to piss away at the LA Attorney Generals office. Ah, hell a little jail time isn't gong to hurt her at all. It will make it her a Woman! Damn those lucky Jail Guards!

Jun 12, 07 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

what's the update? i haven't heard anything in days. how is she doing?

Jun 18, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

fidler, she hung herself.

Jun 19, 07 4:50 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

beta - she did not hang herself. quit spreading rumors.

from cnn.com:

The heiress' parents said Monday that their daughter is adjusting to the Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood and is reading letters from fans, relatives and friends.

"She's never been alone so this is, as she calls it, a real time out," Kathy Hilton told Fox News Channel's Greta Van Susteren. Kathy Hilton and her husband, Rick Hilton, visited their daughter Sunday.

Hilton is expected to be released on June 25, when she will have served about 23 days of a 45-day sentence.

in the same article, it was revealed that the city prosecutor's wife basically did the same thing as paris, but got no jail time.

that's hot.

Jun 19, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

sorry i haven't posted anything regarding this...i've been on a hunger strike and fasting since paris went in and it's had for me to sum up the energy to type. thank goodness for the love & support of all the fans else i don't think that either myself or paris would be able to make it through this.

Jun 19, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

the whole hilton clan has really pulled together too. i'm impressed by kathy and rick's strength as they watch their daughter struggle through these hard times.

Jun 19, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

free!!!

and thank goodness...we can all end our hunger strike now. congratulations to everybody for a really great effort and special congratulations to paris hilton for being even moe beautiful and gracious than ever before.

Jun 26, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Wonder if she will pull a Patty Hearst....and marry a police officer....after her ordeal?

Jun 26, 07 8:49 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

wow. paris actually looks quite attractive in that image.

Jun 26, 07 10:15 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

YES!!!! CROISSANTS AND DOUBLE SKIM FRAPS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Jun 26, 07 10:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

file this in the who gives a shit drawer.

Jun 26, 07 10:39 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

and she does look stunning.

Jun 26, 07 10:44 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

did anyone watch paris on larry king last night? curious if that interview changed anyone's opinion of her.

Jun 28, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

shamefully, I'll admit I watched [most of] it. It was so scripted and contrived...she obviously just repeated the 3 lines she had memorized. Having said that, Larry King is an idiot..."what is ADT?" it's ADD idiot and how many times does she have to say she's use to it? I think he asked the most idiotic questions possible- I was embarrassed for him- and I actually think she handled his stupidity well enough. I wish she would have made more specific as to her plans to "help people" and "change her life". Her answers were none committal enough that she actually won't have to change at all...

They should have come up with something better than claustrophobias. Lee Baca screwed himself. He could have just released her for over crowding and not this convoluted medical story.

It is so weird to live in LA and actually be affected by all this crap. It's one thing to be late for dinner reservations because you forgot it's Oscar Sunday and you can't get down Highland. It's another thing to have my job site effed up because I can't get the Pettibone delivered because of all the paparazzi traffic. On that note, I saw Marilyn Monroe chasing around Chewbacca in front of Mann's Chinese Theater yesterday. He took off his furry head and started yelling at her and she took off her shoe and chased him around trying to hit him.

now that I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself, back to CAD.

Jun 28, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i am a paris fan. i like her because she comes off as being very honest. you could tell that she thought she got a raw deal and was pissed as hell at the judge, but for pr purposes, basically had to say that the experience of going to jail was valuable to her. i also liked that she did not say that she was going to stop partying and devote her life to saving the world which would have been terribly disingenuous. instead she acknowledged that there were harmful people around her that she wanted to distance herself from and that while there are more important things in life than just partying, she is still a socialite and that is a major part of her life, image, and business. a very balanced view of things.

i don't expect to convince anyone that paris isn't all bad. i don't think she was trying to do that last night, but i do think the image created of her in magazines and on tv is not a very accurate picture. people see what they want in her.

Jun 28, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I am not a fan. I don't like her. I am more interest in the Pop culture aspect of her brand (theoretically) than I am in her as a person. I am fascinated by societies obsession with her. I don't think she is honest, or ever has been. She is an image, a character, a brand... any portrayal of sincerity is merely another layer of the product.

Jun 28, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I have a friend who was an editor for the 'Simple Life'. Apparently they have video footage of Paris and Nicole doing blow in the bathroom on the farm

Jun 28, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

um...farms don't have bathrooms, they have outhouses. architects should know that.

sadly, i completely forgot about the larry king interview and went to bed early that night. now i feel like such a fool.

Jun 29, 07 9:31 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

has anyone heard anything from paris lately?

she's virtually dropped off the face of the earth.

i'm worried.

Dec 28, 07 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
some person

I heard the other day that her grandfather was reducing the amount of her inheritance. Old news?

Dec 28, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

renovated barns definitely have bathrooms, i worked on a 70k bathroom remodel in a barn. twasn't no outhouse...

and what's 3% of billions? paris still rakes in a few mill a year. seriously though, who gives a shit?

Dec 28, 07 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i thought paris was still in jail?

just kidding...she's been busy and is about to launch a new beverage in the usa soon (already available in duetschland) call rich. it's prosecco in can...sounds a bit batty...but might work. personally i'm tired of drinking zima and am ready for something new.

here's a link to rich...it includes some awesome nude pictures of paris covered in gold paint...and you'll also be pleased to know that 20% of proceeds are donated to bringing water to poor people

Dec 29, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

paris truly is a genius (with such a kind and generous heart).

thanks for the update, puddles.

Dec 29, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
harvard's hot

damn right! i should go there for grad school so i can hang out with the woman of the year

i wonder if paris would be interesting in sharing a bacon-wrapped hot dog with me? we could do this as an act of public defiance against the police of los angeles

Feb 8, 08 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

mmmmmmm... nothing says l.a. like bacon wrapped hot dogs...

Feb 8, 08 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

Oh...that looks so good. I've been thinking about those all day. I bacon wrapped hotdog is the perfect combo of breakfast and lunch food and, sadly, I skipped both today.

Feb 8, 08 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i can't even see the bacon under all that gunk. is that a stuffed grape leaf?

now this is what i'm talkin' about it. pure and unadulterated...

Feb 8, 08 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

that hot dog looks lonely! all that stuff is necessary! by the way, it's a grilled jalapeño plopped on top.

Feb 8, 08 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

you're right. there's no excuse for a lonely hot dog.

Feb 8, 08 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

nice. i like the healthy touch with the carrots.

ha ha ha, it's like those people who order a double whopper with cheese, extra large fries, and a diet coke.

Feb 8, 08 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

diet coke is gross...i'll have my bacon wrapped hot dog with some of paris's prosecco in a can

Feb 9, 08 7:52 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

not much news, but paris hates people who steal:

“I HATE people who steal! It’s so wrong! I hope they catch whoever did this! There has (sic) been so many robberies lately. So scary!”

personally, i miss the good old day s of 2007 before daily obama financial crisis and our bigest concerns were free paris & scoring illegal bacon wrapped hotdogs.

Dec 15, 09 11:25 am  · 
 · 
NWA

i just hope that when the judge dished out Paris' jail term he/she ended his/her speech with a big TTYN or Talk To You Never.

Dec 16, 09 5:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: