Archinect
anchor

in studio, laptop security

.dwg

i briefly mentioned/asked this in another thread.. but i was wondering how you guys secure your laptops in the studio.
i'm going to buy a kensington lock/combo lock.. but i was wondering if you guys also use lockers in studio or just leave it at your desk and keep it locked when you're away from the studio room etc? what other kind of precautions do you take? what extent to you take it to?

and... any stories about things getting stolen in studio that you care to share?

Aug 16, 04 11:05 pm
archimax

When we (grads) have a combined studio one quarter, I saw many undergrad students actually used steel cabinet to store their things in studio. I think they can be find in used office furniture places....But for our group of 10-15 students, we usually have our own secure room for studio space, so there is no problem.

Aug 16, 04 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
Brim

Don't forget to password everything - even your screen saver.

Aug 16, 04 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
tman

i have one of those wire locks for laptops that I wrap around a leg of the desk. I also make sure someone's looking over it too, and I never leave it out for more than about 15 min. It's b/c my lappy is new and worth about 2500.

Aug 16, 04 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

be sure to carry a gun and a sound alarm (in the laptop) if ur going to leave ur computer alone for more than 2 minutes...

Aug 17, 04 1:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: