Archinect
anchor

Any suggestion for finding a year long internship?

InfrastructureIsArt

Currently I hold a bachelors in landscape design and management, my undergrad curriculum had a strong focus on horticulture. I stuck around for an extra semester to take a few graduate courses in landscape architecture, and urban planning to help prepare mentally for graduate education.

Next fall I will be attending graduate school to begin working toward my MLA degree. I had to defer this year due to financial instability (couldn't afford to make the move from Florida to Chicago).

Since I have a year off so to speak, I would like to find an internship at a firm, agency, or contracting company specializing in landscape architecture/design. An internship would be ideal versus finding a full time designer position as I feel there is still a lot I can learn. So far I haven't had much luck finding anything, I've sent copies of my resume and cover letters to quite a few firms but have received no promising responses.

Before I start making cold calls to firms, can anyone offer any advice for finding an internship?

Sep 11, 12 6:15 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: