Archinect
anchor

Innovative school projects reference

morfo

Any recommendations for innovative school projects in terms of new use of classroom space or planning, new technologies applied, computer use or maybe innovative materials?? This is for a feasibility study for an interntaional school. We are looking to bring in some new concepts into school design and hope to find smoe more reference. Any reco is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 07 1:42 pm

Science Center Elementary, specifically for the shared lab layouts. The materials, etc. are not so good, but that is one aspect that seems to work very well.

Apr 30, 07 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
morfo

I have reserahced on another thread as well and got these projects on hand:
Strawberry Vale School by Patkau
Emily Carr Institute by Patkau
Seijima Design school
Elementary Science center
Sci arc
I just wasn't able to find good images that could demonstrate the use of flexible floor plan or illustrate the new concepts of teaching with shared spaces. Any help to guide me further here??

Apr 30, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

check out coelecanth, the japanese office. they are very interesting and innovative with spatial planning in schools, and have done dozens of schools by now so there is lots to look at.

Apr 30, 07 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
xentr0py

You may find the OECD's Programme on Educational Building (PEB) useful. Their Compendium of Exemplary Educational Facilities includes case studies from 20 countries.

WAN has a copy of it online here.

May 1, 07 10:03 am  · 
 · 
James Meyer

You might be interested in lateral architecture's hives for learning

link

May 1, 07 10:25 am  · 
 · 
myriam

the jewish school in chicago that john ronan did is supposed to be pretty cool...

also the morphosis public high school in CA is worth a look.

May 1, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
morfo

Thanks for the reco. Very helpful.

May 2, 07 12:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: