Archinect
anchor

BA in Architecture Studies Salaries…

dsc_arch

BA in Architecture Studies Salaries…

There have been a lot of salary polls listing intern salaries. they are quite fair for BARCH and MARCH interns. However, I have yet to see the surveys specifically address someone with a four year degree and no experience.

What can a BA AS intern expect to make in their first job out of school?

Apr 30, 07 9:01 am

usually (from what i've seen) there isn't much difference in pay between a starting-out barch and a starting-out ba/arch. the role is the same, the expectations are the same, etc. the difference in degree mainly affects where each can go and do as they get 2-3 years down the road.

Apr 30, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

I would say that you can expect to make something in the $10-12 an hour range starting out.

Apr 30, 07 10:33 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

i doubt that was the case if they had zero working experience. I am in Boulder, Colorado. I make about $38K now but starting out 3 years ago I made $9 an hour but that was only for about a month or so. I moved up quick cause I worked hard. I don't think that $10-12 starting out with zero experience is far off from the truth at all. Ofcourse it depends on the size of the firm and where they are located.

Apr 30, 07 11:15 am  · 
 · 
Tony Snow

I made $38K my first year out of school with a BA Arch. Several principals at my firm are UVa grads (a 4 yr institution) and I think that plays into the favor of people who have preprofessional degrees.

Apr 30, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
arri

cpnorris,

J is right. I started making $36,000 right after graduating in 2002 with a BS in architecture. Most of my classmates were making in the $30,000-$40,000 range in the Washington DC area. I would say the salary range has not change much since then.

In my opinion there is no difference in pay between a recent grad. with a 4 year degree and a recent grad. with a 5 year degree.

Apr 30, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Yeah ok. I am in Colorado so that has been my experience here and with all my friends I graduated with. But like I said, it depends on where you work and how big the firm is. You are gonna make more at bigger firms and in bigger cities since the cost of living is generally higher.

Apr 30, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: