Archinect
anchor

Where is architecture?

Mark Anthony

So it's no secret that architects find inspiration everywhere. I'm only a first year so I'm just starting to see almost everything in an architectural stand point. Has that happened for you? Where do you see yourself getting most inspiration from? Do you use that inspiration a lot in practice or study?

Apr 27, 07 12:32 pm

inspiration lies in my pants

Apr 27, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

I find inspiration in your pants...

Apr 27, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

we may have to unleash the inspiration this weekend

Apr 27, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

ewww

i don't mean to rain on your parade but i've been practicing for years and am still waiting on that moment when i see some prosaic object and it inspires me to do some amazing new legendary design and years later when i'm dead dicktard architecture students everywhere say 'he got this idea from an orange or a soap dispenser or a moog synthesizer' or whatever but it hasn't yet happened...either i'm just not that good or that kind of bullshit doesn't really exist... so for now i just copy things.

Apr 27, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles is my inspiration

Apr 27, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Its funny someone said "techno", I've always thought It was one of the more "architectural" form of music. But of course, you can't beat house for the most architectural music name ever.

Btw, Jeff Mills' new boutique in Chicago is fucking awesome. All techno, fashion, and design books.

-andrew

Apr 27, 07 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
Mark Anthony

I'm very musical, I'm still waiting for music to inspire me architecturally though. Before architecture I wanted to be a music major... I figure it would have been easy. I think that I try too hard sometimes and don't let it flow.

Apr 27, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
marks

i wz interested in it too ...
well,
later found another best educational free information provider website.
http://www.PlanStudyAbroad.com

Apr 28, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

"let it grow, let it grow, let it blossom, let it flow!"

Apr 28, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Exactly how I picture a Mountain of money.

Apr 28, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: