Archinect
anchor

what does these mysterious Drawing Symbol meant?

CuriousClient

http://www.eastbeachcafe.co.uk/

Currently being curious about the structure of a famous cafe in England,EAST BEACH CAFE,by THOMAS HEATHERWICK....found its drawing,plan,sections...but i hv no knowledge about these symbol and what is the purpose or meaning those lines are? anyone kind enough to explain? need proffesional,immaculate and useful info...thank u very much.ur help is much appreciated.

Sep 7, 12 12:51 am
curtkram

you might need to be more specific as to which symbols and lines you're talking about.  the images you linked don't seem clear enough.  if you look at one of them, can you read the text? because I can't.  maybe my eyesight is just going bad in my old age.

Sep 7, 12 7:25 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

i think this bit:

"found its drawing,plan,sections...but i hv no knowledge about these symbol" 

means " i don't know jack all about drawings "

i could be wrong, but i feel pretty good about this one.

Sep 7, 12 9:18 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

Yeah... that might be the case, so how about we respectfully inform this person when they specify their question rather than condescend them for not being a part of the construction industry

Sep 7, 12 9:42 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

if you wanna begin by explaining how a 3 dimensional object is flattened into 2 dimenions (which seems to be what is required here), hey, I'll listen.

Give it a go.

Sep 7, 12 10:25 am  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

@ Vile Child

Your behavior doesn't need tto reflect your forum name. Just wait for clarification and play nicely.

Sep 7, 12 10:56 am  · 
 · 
digger

@ Vile Child

And people here on archinect wonder why so many elements of the general public think architects are arrogant pricks.

Sep 7, 12 11:01 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

actually, I'm really good with my clients

and with my students

we have fun.

Sep 7, 12 11:23 am  · 
 · 
digger

Un-huh ... I'm totally convinced.

Sep 7, 12 11:35 am  · 
 · 
metal

CuriousClient, you are looking at drawings of a structural steel outer shell with rigid foam insulation, metals stud ribs, and possibly plaster of some type for the interior.

The funniest looking part is always the squiggly lines used to represent insulation

Sep 7, 12 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
CuriousClient

Sorry for not being specific..sorry for the blurr pic..tats the only drawings i cn find....sorry for being an amateur which seems to troubled some of u...when i say lines i mean those dotted lined,lines on doors or windo which some of them intersect..and those vertical lines in the shell...thank u whoever tried to help..

Sep 10, 12 11:39 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

the dashed lines on the doors and windows indicate the direction of opening, aka hinge location.  the lines of the shell are contour lines which give an idea of its undulations

Sep 10, 12 12:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: