Archinect
anchor

any photographers out there?

FOUAD

We are currently looking for fresh architectural photographers to take some portfolio shots of our exhibition and installation works. If anyone has an info on Local NYC talent please drop me a line

[email protected]

thanks!

Apr 20, 07 12:11 pm
med.

what's the difference between a photographer and an architecural photographer?

I would like to think that a photographer was just as capable of taking pictures of buildings as they would be photographing other things.

Apr 20, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

Maybe try contacting nambypambics, whom I know to be an excellent photographer.

Apr 20, 07 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

archmed

Architectural photographers usually shoot medium or large fomat, compared to 35mm that many 'regular' photographers shoot. This allows them to more easily adjust perspective, vertical and horizontal lines, etc...

Apr 20, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles and I are going to dabble in some amature photography

Apr 20, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

I love you both, but I have no interest in reading this shite, and can't seem to get away from it. I am asking you please, to just limit your 'activities' to a thread or two (TOTAL, not 'at a time'). Right now, you're ruining every thread posted.

Apr 20, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Thanks, rationalist :) I don't have the gear (as specified by mdler's first posting) to do what's thought of as standard professional architectural photography.

Can I take an interesting/beautiful/atmospheric photograph of a space or an exterior? Sure.

Will it be technically perfect (as far as perspective, crispness, etc.) according to the expected standards of architectural photography? Not on my setup.

Apr 20, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Nah I wasn't being serious about the photography thing. I'm big into photography myself. It was one of my concentrations in undergrad.

Apr 20, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 

you should turn architectural during grad school, namby- make money off of all your teachers by getting them to hire you for their glamour shots.

Apr 20, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud
www.andrewtroberts.com

, click on photography

nothing like shameless self-promotion.

Apr 20, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
surface

rationalist - I certainly plan on it!

Apr 20, 07 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hi susan!

Apr 20, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Jesse at Doppelganger Imaging (Toronto) is a professional photographer, architecture graduate (U of Toronto), and shoots primarily architecture. Definitely nice work.

doppelgangerimaging.com

That his commercial website, which doesn't show his focus on his architectural work, but if you contact him, he can show you some of his work.

Apr 20, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
auvn

search for RICHARD PARE

Apr 20, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

vado

I am tired of your and Susan's love affair on all of the threads. You are ruining it for us all...

Mdler

PS- sorry for the threat of hunting you down and kicking your ass. Tumbles made me do it

Apr 21, 07 5:09 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

as the kids say, whatever...

Apr 21, 07 6:40 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Have appropriate shift lens, and some nice wide angles, macro, tripods and cable releases. Could use some bellows for taking photo's of models, otherwise ready to go. Do you pay flights from London?

Apr 21, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

vado

I thought you werent allowed within 500 yards of children

Apr 22, 07 2:08 am  · 
 · 
Ominoliquido

Probably is too late, but you can check few of my shots here
http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/ominoliquido

Apr 22, 07 9:48 am  · 
 · 
e

mdler, i use photographers all of the time. their focus is not architecture. all of them have a medium format camera. most professionals will use this or a high-end digital camera. not many use large format as they are extremely expensive to operate and for most uses, not necessary.

Apr 22, 07 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Sconie

i think the question of what format camera to use depends on what the end aplication will be--not so much what the subject is. Basicly, film format is an image quality issue and "lines distortion" is a lens issue. FOUAD didnt mention if the photos are for a digital/web portfolio or a print portfolio or really anything about size? thats the first question.

Apr 23, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: