Archinect
anchor

2D cad resources

dzuy

allo,

i learned the basics this past week which is nothing but drawing lines, and until i throw myself into actually doing an example, i won't know whats the challenging part about it. i mean, 2d line drawing, it seems so simple, but what are the challenges?

a friend of mine told me about some internship that requires samples of 2D cad / technical drawings.

the company is a commercial interiors design / product / furniture design.

i'm not ready to apply or anything, but im trying to find examples or resources so i can practice.

i'm assuming the 2d cad part is for the commercial interiors? i wouldn't imagine furniture or product having to go through a 2d cad process, with google sketchup or 3D being more appropriate.

if any of you know where i can get some good resources for practice 2D cad /technical stuff as it relates i would GREATLY appreciate it.

THANKS!

Apr 19, 07 5:01 pm
difficultfix

So you want plans to copy for practice or do you want tutorials?

Apr 19, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

you want it to "pop" aka have good line weight quality

i would imagine that is what they would be looking for as well as full constructibility documented, a understanding of code UBC2003 stuff shown too.

Apr 19, 07 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
dzuy

difficult fix,

either?

Apr 19, 07 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
dzuy

or good books, etc....

Apr 19, 07 7:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: