Archinect
anchor

Rem Koolhaas releases some news on still unpublished book on Lagos

Earlier this July  Koolhaas responded, in a letter to ‘The Master of Bigness' ostensibly a review of two new books from/on the OMA/AMO universe published in the New York Review of Books and written by Martin Filler.

Besides correcting some minor biographical details he wrote

"A final error: contrary to Filler’s article, my book on Lagos did not appear in 2008; in fact it still has not appeared. I am currently writing it; it will consider in detail the varying reactions our research provoked—without ever having been published in full—in the West and in Africa itself. What has appeared out of our research is a documentary, Lagos Wide and Close (2006), made by Bregtje van der Haak, widely distributed on DVD."

Aug 29, 12 3:59 pm
ovalle

"Martin Filler replies: 'However, I am surprised that for someone so concerned about his image and the spread of misinformation, neither Koolhaas nor his office has bothered to correct his Wikipedia entry...'

Wow, seriously? I think Koolhaas has more important things to do than update his wikipedia page.  What happened to basic research?

Aug 29, 12 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

that reply has got to be the weirdest thing I've read in a long time. Way to kick sand in yr own face martin.

Aug 29, 12 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: