Archinect
anchor

ENGLISH ARCH STUDENT HERE HI EVERYONE IM NEW!!!

oziman

Hey everyone,

Let me first say hello there, im a second your Part 1 student based in Surrey in the UK. I stumbled across this site today as i was searching for contemporary brick buildings (alot of help on that one i must say).

Anyways just thought id say hi and maybe ask if anyone can help interms of:

1) My current project, im really stuck on how to introduce external space to my roof but only allowing external acces so its public space!!!

2) The steps i need to take to work in the USA or Aus for my year out.

Hope someone can help

thanks a load

O

Apr 17, 07 11:25 am
difficultfix

hey oziman , how are you

anyways I stll Consider myself new....so welcome to you and me and every other new person in town

Apr 17, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

hi oziman- thanks for introducing yourself...

roof plazas and roof gardens are my game - the key is how much egress you need. since you're still in school, don't worry about the technical issues - just have fun. you can always look to corb for inspiration!

Apr 17, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

hi

Apr 17, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

welcome mate

I would follow treekiller's advice, for the project. Although I do know how the part I works in the UK, so I would advice to find the most feasible access point, but not worry so much on the technicalities.

As for your year out, go to your consulate, or the consulate of the US (or whatever country you wish to go to work in) and ask about work/student visas, and explain to them your dilemma. I am sure they can advise you on how to go about your search. Also, you might wish to begin a search for firms abroad that will hire temporary employees and provide you with the proper paperwork for sponsorship (I think it's called HB-1 Visas here in the US).

Cheers

Apr 17, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Bienvenidos a archinect!

Apr 17, 07 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my roomate is English...do you know him?

Apr 18, 07 3:11 am  · 
 · 
oziman

Thanks everybody! Its cool you take the time to reply and especially thanks to TREEKILLER and SQUIRRELLY for their comments on my questions!!!

And to MDLER, im sure i know him hahaha as all us English are essentially from the same City right ;-). Wheres he from anyways?!

Keep al the ideas and welcomes coming, its pretty cool.

Thanks

O

Apr 18, 07 3:51 am  · 
 · 
Leanie

Hi check out designs by Sarah Calburn, shes from south africa for the roof problem

Apr 18, 07 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my exgirlfriend future wife is getting a phd at cambridge.

Apr 18, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: