Archinect
anchor

Massacre at VT

Im wondering Why cant there be more frisking, metal detectors or regular searches of dorms and rooms in your univs ?

I think this sort of thing might, MIGHT work at a school if it were a 100% commuter school. The place that it presents a real problem is that most universities in the US are people's homes. Would you submit to being frisked to enter your home? I wouldn't. That crosses a line to me.

Apr 17, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

shooter: Cho Sung Hui, 23 yr. old originally from So. Korea, "loner" English major senior at VT, lived with parents who own a dry cleaners, sister graduated form Princeton, he had written recently on "rich kids and debauchery", taking medication for depression.

Apr 17, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Very Sad thing.....to any of you VT.......I am sorry for your hurting you have gone thru

Apr 17, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

correction: he lived on campus in dorm, not with parents

Apr 17, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
charlatan

My thoughts are with all the victims and their families, but also with the Hokie community as a whole. While the tragic events of April 16 are awful in and of themselves, it's never a comfortable feeling to be associated with "that school" as the reports come out which inevitably state that x or y was mishandled. I wish the news media would let the community heal a bit before they started in with all of the blame-placing and name calling. May all of you be strong as the process of healing, and continued investigations into the root of the problem proceed!

Apr 17, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

liberty bell, i'm glad i was able to provide you some sense of relief, albeit minor.

Apr 17, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Cris, any tiny moment of shared humanity helps, which is what your comment did for me. The vast, vast majority of us in this world are vastly, vastly more similar than we are different, after all, and I do think we're all mostly good.

Apr 17, 07 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

my condolences to the VT students on this thread, and anyone else affected by this tragedy.

Apr 17, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

This is such a tragic event. My thoughts go out to those affected.

Apr 17, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: