Archinect
anchor

Car Identification

Hogan

anyone recognize the car? it appears in the tv play "heroes"- the two character girl niki sanders drives it. and i am sure that it also appers in the morgan freeman movie"10 items or less"-the girl he met get back the car from her husband and drive away, but it is a yellow one. i like the car so much and am longing to have one, who can tell me more about it and where i can get a secondhand in los angeles perhaps?

Apr 16, 07 1:59 am
orion

AMC Gremlin

Apr 16, 07 2:29 am  · 
 · 
Hogan

cool!!!

Apr 16, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

wow, thats as nice as my festiva. *cough*

I need a new car

I think I should get a driver liscences first though.

Apr 16, 07 2:46 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

that's typically a step in the right direction

Apr 16, 07 3:14 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

yah, my dad gave me his beater car when my mom finally agreed to get him a better beater car that is safe enough to take on the highway lol

Apr 16, 07 3:16 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I was gonna guess AMC Pacer.

Apr 16, 07 3:46 am  · 
 · 
Katze

the pacer is a bit more round...

Apr 16, 07 3:53 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I've only ever seen one. They don't really import them here.

Apr 16, 07 4:37 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Funny story – about 10 years ago my grandma wanted to give me her pacer. I thought to myself, how sweet! But she had alternative motives – the car was rusted and broken down! agfa8x – where is "here"?

Apr 16, 07 4:41 am  · 
 · 
Hogan

pacer is very cute too^_^

Apr 16, 07 4:58 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

NZ

Apr 16, 07 5:10 am  · 
 · 
whatthefuk

I'm planning on winning the lattery and getting a labourghini diablo, yellow with black flames. sexy sexy car.

Apr 16, 07 5:14 am  · 
 · 

it's kind of amazing that those cars DO look so much cooler than they did 20 yrs ago! then we just thought they were crap.

Apr 16, 07 6:56 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

no, no. you were right back then.

Apr 16, 07 6:59 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

my grandma had a Gremlin, when she died my parents drove it for a few years till it went caploey.

Apr 16, 07 7:36 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

when i was a kid we had a bananna-creme yellow pacer.. i sat in my car-seat in the back on a 2 month road trip across the country and back. it was a true POS-car. any time i smell dried-out duck/duct tape nowadays it reminds me of that car.

Apr 16, 07 8:10 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

My grandfather had a Gremlin, we drove the much more family friendly AMC Hornet.

Apr 16, 07 8:10 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Was it the Gremlin or the Pacer in Wayne's World? I'm prtetty sure it looked like the Pacer image above but pretty sure they call it a Gremlin. Cool either way.

Still not a spot on a undercoat gray kingswood eh Agfa?

Apr 16, 07 8:22 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

one of my girlfrenz in college had a pacer. i changed a tire on it one time. AMC Javelins and AMX's kicked ass.

Apr 16, 07 9:09 am  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

"I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. If you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."

Apr 16, 07 10:02 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

wow! and space for my dog and beach ball?!

Apr 16, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The Pacers have a fishbowl rear end, which is fun.

Which one is it that was canceled because the gas tank was in the rear, which meant a rear-end collision resulted in a major explosion?

Apr 16, 07 10:18 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

that would be the ford pinto. there was a band called the flaming pintos.

Apr 16, 07 10:23 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

javelin

Apr 16, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

My friend at Oregon had an AMC Spirit. It was awesome. The best part about it wast that his mom reupholstered the interior with dark green and blue flannel.
</br>

Apr 16, 07 11:25 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Sorry

Apr 16, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

screw the gremlin!

this thing's dope!

it's a 1958 messerschmitt kr200

seen @ los anjealous and [

Apr 18, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

wow, am i the only one feeling really old?! haha. imagine not knowing what a gremlin is! guess that's exactly how my older friends feel when i don't know what such-and-such 60s TV show is...

we had two AMC Hornets in our family, and they ran like CHAMPS! once we were forced off the road in one, and we rolled over and over and came to rest down in a ditch--and 3/4 of us had zero scratches, despite mostly being unbuckled and thrown around a spinning, plunging vehicle! the driver hit her head and had to have 13 stitches, that was the worst injury. go, amc!

Apr 18, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

As I recall both the Gremlin and the Pinto blew up real good!

Apr 18, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

Hans Moleman on the Simpsons drives an AMC Gremlin.

Apr 18, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Later on when my older siblings had to drive it, the Hornet was referred to as the "yellow shit-mobile." It's color was determined to be "electric baby snot green." And the way your thighs stuck to the scorching hot woven vinyl seats in the summer was spectacular.

The car did take quiet a beating though, several fender benders fully loaded with the family and even more punishment from teens trying to force the car into an early grave.

Apr 18, 07 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

My grandparents used to drive a Gremlin, Hornet, and a Concorde...

I remember my grandpa used to put black electrical tape over the Check Engine Light...

Apr 18, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: