Archinect
anchor

NCARB Recording Problem...

lessismore

Hi

I am thinking there will be a lot of people like me.

I have worked in small architecture firm since 2008 and i found out NCARB experience recording service recently...

they said there are no way to report old experiences...

I don't understand why they can't record old experience...

Someone didn't know about this system then they were wasting their time then...

I think it's not fair treat for everyone. Ncarb maybe inform the memebers about their changing rules. not for the public...

Please let me know someone try to fight for unfair treat from NCARB.

Is there any group for that?

Anyway Please give me some advise

Thank you

Aug 21, 12 11:09 am
digger

Have you had your  head in the frigging sand for the past 4 years ?

Aug 21, 12 11:28 am  · 
 · 
jitter12

The elimination of this type of reporting was widely reported throughout the Architecture community, concurrent with the switch to digital reporting.  Sorry to hear that you lost experience hours, but I don't see publicity of the change as an issue.  

Seeing how NCARB is the main avenue for licensure in the US, anyone thinking they may want to pursue a license would be best served to educate themselves on the requirements.  

TLDR - what digger said.

Aug 21, 12 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

read more

Aug 21, 12 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

The six month rule is idiotic, and you've discovered the right place to bitch about it.

Aug 21, 12 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

there are a lot of people at ncarb being paid a lot of money.  if they didn't make changes they're uselessness would be even more obvious

Aug 21, 12 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

turtles motherfuckers.

Aug 21, 12 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

Just because they have been blabbing about it in trade journals doesn't make it right, or legal. Sounds to me like in the right jurisdiction you've got a good class action suit on your hands. Go get me tiger.

Aug 21, 12 10:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: