Archinect
anchor

EASTER is Not for EVERYONE

med.

I didn't think we were arguing... I thought it was pretty civil. I don't mean to sound offensive in any way.

Oh and btw, I tend not to believe in religions. So I'm not trying to appologize for any of them or defend any of them. Just pointing out the obvious differences.

Apr 9, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i mean man I KNOW they are different, its just the more i learn about them, the more they seem the same.

Apr 9, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud
Apr 9, 07 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud
Apr 9, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

DONT SMOKE THE PLASTIC GRASS!!!!

Apr 9, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

too late... I feel like I'm gonna DIE MAN!

Apr 9, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just had a reeses peanut butter egg!

Apr 9, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i'm eating lentils!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after a week of nothing, they taste good

Apr 9, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hippie...

Apr 9, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

eating lentils and smoking plastic grass

Apr 9, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

here's a little limerick that me and my jewish friends cooked up one year while eating lentils, smoking the plastic grass that comes with marshmallow peeps and bemoaning the lack of quality passover candy.

when eating lentils and smoking grass

be careful where you light the grass

lest it fall too close to your ***

Apr 9, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

why did u bleep ass? you can say ass on here
ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass

Apr 9, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

for dramatic effect, naturally.

i realize that i can say ass here. for fuck's sake, why the fuck can't i say ass?!?

i mean, just 'cause it's fucking easter monday and shit, i can't say ass?

no really. it was purely for effect.

and pardonnez moi for the rest of that rant. just checking the 'nect censorship pilot program which was put into effect during the indy_is_crap days. that guy was a nightmare. i find myself mentioning him/her lately. perhaps i have something to hide.

NOT!

Apr 9, 07 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
migrod

i hate being forced into celebrating religious holidays, so this weekend i was able to stay away from all the people wishing me what they really wish for themselves and being upset at all of the closed stores by staying home and doing my taxes. so i had to hide from one thing i hate and spent the time doing some other thing i hate, but at least it was productive.

Apr 9, 07 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I went to church Saturday night and Sunday morning with my parents. Saturday night was a non-traditional service covering the story of creation and kind of presenting background up to what would happen at Easter. It was all interactive and very funny, as the pastor read and selected people from the congregation to come up and act out the Bible stories she was reading. Lots of teenagers involved, and kids.

My dad was selected to be Noah. So he came up front and heard from God to "build an ark". The pastor, that clever lady, then said "Luckily one of Noah's children was an ark-itect, so she helped him design a boat for all the animals of creation" whereupon dad came and got me, I came up and started scowling and pointing to plans then pointing to the ceiling and shaking my head angrily. Much fun was had by all.

For all the Christian bashing that goes on - a lot of it sadly really well-deserved - when I visit my parents' church and am reminded that they are doing things like supporting Fair Trade coffee, actively and inclusively debating their stand on gay marriage, and starting programs to send backpacks of food home over the weekend for school lunch program kids (who tend to not have enough food at home for the weekend to come in fresh and ready to learn on Monday morning), I am humbled at the good in people.

Apr 9, 07 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

only christians celebrate easter here in japan. they don't say happy anything to anyone, cuz it would only elicit a blank stare.

funnily enough the other big christian holiday gets lots of air time here but is so totally twisted one can't help but laugh...basically christmas is a day for couples to celebrate their love for one another by going out for kentucky fried chicken and having wild sex in an hourly hotel, and no one ever makes the association with jesus. ever...

there are temples and shrines here by the gajillion, but no one believes in the gods really, and buddha has no god to begin with, and no equivalent to the bible so it is hard to say anyone is particularly religious either...

it is a kind of paradise for me.

people here do good things for other people in the name of decency rather than in the name of god...works for me.

Apr 10, 07 8:09 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Decency and a belief in a god are not exclusive, jump. The American media just makes it seem that way.

Apr 10, 07 8:36 am  · 
 · 
not without

peter cottonbin laden

Apr 10, 07 9:57 am  · 
 · 
AP

that's hilarious lb.

Apr 10, 07 10:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: